Last summer, Gail and I visited the Royal Gorge near Cañon City, Colorado. It is only a few hundred feet wide at the top but more than 1,250 feet deep in places. This ten-mile long canyon was cut into solid granite over approximately three million years, at just a half an inch per century. It is an awesome example of the power of incremental change over time.
Click to Listen
- My new book, Platform: Get Noticed in a Noisy World, is still on schedule to be published on May 22nd. I’m going to ask you NOT to pre-order it yet. This may be a strange request, coming from the author, but there’s a method in my madness.We have put together a bonus package of seven resources worth $375.98! To get this special bonus offer, all you have to do is buy the book. I can’t tell you more yet, because we are still putting together the landing page. Once this is up, I will provide explicit instructions on how to take advantage of this special Pre-Launch Offer.
- I now have a Listener Feedback Hotline. You can call (615) 656-5001 and leave a message or a question. The system sends me an e-mail with an audio file of your message as soon as you hang up. If you have an idea for a podcast you would like to see or a question about an upcoming episode, I’d love to hear from you. You are also welcome to e-mail me if you prefer.
You can make small, daily investments that will soon lead to big results. Here are seven examples to get your creativity flowing:
- Losing weight.
- Paying off debt.
- Improving profitability.
- Writing a book.
- Running long distances.
- Reading the Bible.
- Improving your marriage.
How can you harness the power of incremental change? By following these five steps:
- Identify a goal.
- Make sure it is S.M.A.R.T.
- Identify your incremental change (or new practice).
- Track your progress.
- Recruit a growth partner.
I also answer three questions from my listeners.
- “How do you get yourself motivated to make the change in the first place?”
- “I just don’t seem to have much will-power. Is there any hope for me?”
- “When do you take massive action verses practicing incremental change?”
I mentioned the following resources in the show:
- Software: LoseIt
- Website: JeffGalloway.com
- Book: The NKJV Daily Bible
- Website: OneYearBible.net
- Website and App: YouVersion
- Website: Logos.com
- Book: One Year Bible (Tyndale)
- Book: Mentor Like Jesus by Regi Campbell
- Website: RadicalMentoring.com
- Website: Joe’s Goals
- Website: iRunURun.com
- Website: LifeTick.com
You can download a transcript of this episode here.
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe: