In this episode, I talk about how to get out of that funk. I discuss the winter blues, also known as “Seasonal Affective Disorder” or SAD, and how to keep your energy up regardless of the time of year.
Many people get depressed during this time of year. Sometimes there are legitimate medical or psychological issues that must be addressed. However, some people resort to medication prematurely, before making sure they have the basics covered.
Click to ListenSo, if you are experiencing the winter blues or you are finding that your energy is lower than usual, I suggest you ask yourself seven questions before scheduling a visit to a professional:
- Question #1: Am I getting plenty of rest?
- Question #2: Am I exercising three to four times a week?
- Question #3: Am I eating high-energy foods?
- Question #4: Am I staying hydrated?
- Question #5: Am I getting enough sunshine?
- Question #6: Am I focusing on the positive?
- Question #7: Am I hanging out with energetic people?
- Jon Stallings asked, “How do you deal with a project or a goal that saps your energy?”
- David Kirkaldy asked, “How do you keep your energy up when the pace and energy of your life is not dictated by your surroundings?”
- Chip Dizard asked, “How do you keep your momentum going throughout the year?”
- Andrew Mason asked, “Do you have any suggestions for being consistent with your exercise in the winter?”
- Noah Coley asked, “I am constantly pouring out to others. I need someone to pour into me. How do you found those kind of people?”
- Matt McWilliams asked, “What tips do you have for creating a more uplifting environment indoors?”
- Platform University is going great. We now have in excess of 1,200 members. If you haven’t checked in yet, please do so today. It’s only $25.00 a month—less than a dollar a day!
- The Platform Conference is next week. I am pleased to report that we are technically sold out. However, my manager, Joy, was able to rearrange the seating and create space for another ten people. If you’d still like to come, it’s not too late. You can go to platformconference.tv to learn more.
- I have several speaking engagements coming up. However, I still have some availability this spring. If you are interested in having me speak to your group, check out my speaking page.
- My next podcast will be on the topic of “7 Steps to Take Before You Quit Your Job.” I have seen this done badly, and I’ve seen it done well. It’s important to do it right so that you can leave with dignity and set yourself up for future success. If you have a question on this subject, please leave me a voicemail message. This is a terrific way to cross-promote your blog or website, because I will link to it, just like I did with the callers in this episode.
In this episode I mentioned several resources, including:
- Book: Wheat Belly
- Essential Oils: DoTERRA Essential Oils (You can also email my daughter Madeline for more information. She can tell you how to buy these products at wholesale prices.)
- Light: Philips goLITE BLU Light Therapy Device
- Playlist: Music for an Outstanding Day
- Software: Lift
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
If you have an idea for a podcast you would like to see or a question about an upcoming episode, e-mail me. Also, if you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out! Thanks.