We all want to be successful. But when it comes to success, your advisors can make you or break you.
As a leader, one of the most important steps you must take is assembling an informal team of trusted advisors. They can help you take advantage of the opportunities coming your way—and avoid the biggest mistakes you will inevitably encounter.
Click to Listen
1. Lesson #1: You can’t succeed alone.
2. Lesson #2: You need trusted advisors.
3. Lesson #3: You need multiple advisors.
4. Lesson #4: You need qualified advisors.
Think of your advisors as your “personal board of directors.” They will give you the accountability and insight necessary to avoid a lot of pain and achieve more than you could on your own.
- Adam Rico asked, “How do you initiate a mentoring relationship with someone you have identified as a possible advisor?”
- Ben Nelson asked, “When you are looking for advisors, are you looking for specialists or well-rounded generalists?”
- Dean Deguara asked, “What are some of the ‘trust-tests’ your advisors have to go through before they can work with you?”
- Richard Manchur asked, “How can I find a group of trusted advisors in a niche I am trying to transition into?”
- Travis Allison asked, “Do you think people’s advisors from their industry or outside their industry?”
- I want to remind you about my 21-session audio course, entitle “Get Published.” If you have ever thought about writing a book, but didn’t know where to start; or if you already have a book, but want to do everything you can to make the biggest splash you can in the marketplace, this course will give you the tools you need to make it happen.
- I have a number of speaking engagements over the next few weeks. Visit my speaking page for information on those events or if you are interested in having me speak to your organization or at your event.
- My next podcast will be on the topic of “Why You Must Confront Seemingly Indispensable but Disrespectful Team Members.” If you have a question on this subject, please leave me a voicemail message. This is a terrific way to cross-promote your blog or website, because I will link to it, just like I did with the callers in this episode.
In this episode I mentioned several resources, including:
- Course: Get Published
- Conference: Biola Digital Conference
- Conference: Interpret America Conference
- Conference: She Speaks Conference
- Website: Platform University
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
If you have an idea for a podcast you would like to see or a question about an upcoming episode, e-mail me.
Also, if you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out! Thanks.
Question: Where could you benefit right NOW from having some trusted advisors? You can leave a comment by clicking here.