I speak a lot on the topic of platform-building. Inevitably, during the Q&A time following my speech, I get asked, “How can I find time for social media? I am so busy now. I can’t imagine adding one more thing.”
I understand this feeling. However, if you want to leverage your leadership and increase your impact, you must make time for social media.
Click to ListenIn this episode I want to share with you four tips for finding time for social media.
- Reframe the activity.
- Set reasonable goals.
- Schedule time to do it.
- Use the latest tools.
You can be active in social media and still have plenty of time for your other activities.
- Alex Barker asked, “How can busy leaders authentically engage with their followers?”
- Bosede Santos asked, “How can I juggle all my various social media accounts, blog, and still find time to write a book?”
- Lori Lane asked, “What parts of our social media activities can be delegated without losing our authentic voice?”
- Vincent Duncombe asked, “Where should social media rank on our priorities?”
- If you are considering launching your own platform—or just getting serious about it—you need to start with a self-hosted WordPress blog.This is not as complicated as it sounds. In fact, I have put together a step-by-step screencast on exactly how to do it. You don’t need any technical knowledge. I walk you through the entire process in exactly 20 minutes.
- The Launch Conference for this fall is filling up fast. In case you don’t know, this is the conference for professional speakers or those who want to be. It’s all about the business of public speaking.Specifically, we teach you a powerful, four-part framework designed to help you:
- Discover your assets.
- Design your products.
- Develop your market.
- Determine your value.
This is the conference that launched me into my professional speaking career. We will be holding the conference on September 16–19 in beautiful Vail Colorado.
This is one conference that will pay for itself almost immediately. I paid for mine in the first month after I attended.
If you register before June 30, 2013, you can take $200 off the registration price. Just use the discount code HYATT.
- I am on sabbatical for the next few weeks. While I am gone, I am running a series of “Encore Episodes.” These are my most popular podcasts ever, as measured by number of downloads. Enjoy!
In this episode I mentioned several resources, including:
- Conference: Launch Conference
- Membership Site: Platform University
- Screencast: How to Launch a Self-Hosted WordPress Blog in 20 Minutes or Less
- Software: Buffer App
- Software: Feedly
- Software: Hootsuite
- Software: Rhino Support
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
If you have an idea for a podcast you would like to see or a question about an upcoming episode, e-mail me.
Also, if you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out! Thanks.