Thank God there is a filter in place between my brain and my mouth. If I said everything I thought, I would be in constant trouble.
Yesterday, while cleaning out my closet, I stumbled across an article I had saved. It is called “Things You’d Love to Say at Work But Can’t.” It had thirty-eight items. Here are the first ten:
- I’ll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
- I don’t know what your problem is, but I’ll bet its hard to pronounce.
- I’ll pencil that in for never. Does never work for you?
- I see you’ve set aside this special time to humiliate yourself in public.
- It sounds like English, but I can’t understand a word you’re saying.
- Ahhh … I see the screw-up fairy has visited us again.
- I like you. You remind me of when I was young and stupid.
- I have plenty of talent and vision. I just don’t give a rip.
- I will always cherish the positive initial misconceptions I had about you.
- The fact that no one understands you doesn’t mean you are an artist.