Have you ever thought about writing a book? If you are like 61.5 percent of my readers, you probably have. But even if you haven’t, I urge you to consider it.
Being a published author has done more for my career—and my income—than I could have ever imagined. It has opened doors of opportunity I couldn’t have dreamed were possible. And, it can happen for you, too.
Here are five good reasons why you should consider writing a book:
- It provides an opportunity to share your expertise. Whether you realize it or not, you are an expert. The problem is you take your knowledge, experience, or skill for granted. Because it is familiar, you assume everyone has it. They don’t. And people will pay to know what you know or learn how to do what you do.
- It provides an opportunity to establish your authority. People work for years to land an important job or get a graduate degree. Both of these can be important steps in your career path, but neither provide the level of credibility that comes with having a book with your name on it. In our culture, this is still regarded as the ultimate proof of your mastery.
- It provides an opportunity to differentiate yourself. Whatever your profession, you probably have lots of competition. But I’d be willing to bet only a handful of your competitors have a book to their credit. This is one way—perhaps the most important way—to set yourself apart and get noticed. It provides an unfair advantage in today’s dog-eat-dog world.
- It provides an opportunity to expand your market. A book is the best marketing tool you could ever have. It makes an introduction. It opens doors. It prepares the market for the other products and services you offer. It goes where you can’t go and does what you can’t do. It positions you as someone with something important to offer.
- It provides an opportunity to launch a business. A book is but one expression of your message. Once you have published it, you can introduce an assortment of ancillary products. For example, my Platform book led to an audio book, a video series, and a conference. Soon we will be launching an exclusive membership site and a premium WordPress theme.
Granted, writing a book is not easy. It takes a lot of hard work and, most of all, perseverance. But that’s where I can help.
I’ve spent the last 30-plus years in the publishing industry, most recently as the Chairman & CEO of Thomas Nelson Publishers. I am also a New York Times bestselling author myself and former literary agent. I have seen the business from every side.
Today, I am releasing a brand new course called, Everything You Need to Know to Get Published. This 21-session audio system provides the information and tools you need to:
- Navigate today’s publishing world
- Evaluate your publishing options
- Gain the attention of agents and publishers
- Negotiate the best book contract possible
- Write your book fast without getting overwhelmed
- Maximize your publicity opportunities
- Hit the bestsellers list
- Launch a viable, long-term business
In short, it will provide the information and confidence you need to launch your writing career and succeed as an author. It is the most comprehensive publishing resource available anywhere. And, by the way, this isn’t just for unpublished authors. There’s a full section for those who are already published but want to know how to become a bestselling author.
As a reader of my blog, I am making this program available at a special, deep discount through the end of the week. In addition, I am offering four free bonuses worth $150.97. But you must buy now. This offer expires at 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, September 30th.
Click here to learn more. The short video will provide an overview. You owe it to yourself to consider how writing a book could benefit you.