I am really excited about our Caribbean Cruise for Creatives on April 2–7, 2011. We still have a few slots available, and I would love for you to join us. At the bottom of this post, I will tell you how to sign up and get the opportunity to pitch your book to Alice Sullivan, a savvy book editor with extensive experience.
The cruise is hosted by Randy Elrod and his wife, Chris, two of my best friends and a true “Christian creative.” What is a creative? Anyone who creates—or wants to create—art. This includes book authors, recording artists, graphic artists, bloggers, worship leaders, photographers, culinary artists, and more.
- I will speak on “The Creative Life: How We Work”
- Pete will be speak on “The Creative Life: How We Worship”
- Randy and Chris will speak on “The Creative Life: How We Love”
- Ken will speak on “The Creative Life: How We Enjoy”
In addition, the five of us will host a Q&A session on the creative life. I am especially looking forward to this session.
Here are seven reasons you should make plans NOW to join us:
- You will be able to hang out and interact with like-minded people for five days.
- You will hear stimulating talks from some very creative people.
- You will experience one of the best cruise ships in the world.
- You will get a healthy dose of fresh air, sunshine, and water.
- You will eat some exquisite food.
- You will be able to relax, kickback, and recharge.
- You will be able to leave winter behind and get a fantastic jump on spring.
Perhaps most important, particularly if you want to get a book published, you will have a chance to pitch your book to Alice Sullivan, a former Thomas Nelson editor, who now owns her own editorial development company.
How will this work?
- I agreed to listen to pitches from the first 12 people who signed up. (All these slots are taken.)
- Alice will meet with the next 12 people who sign up. We still have several slots available—but these will go quickly!
- After that, we will pick one winner from those who sign up to meet with me.
How much does it cost? The entry-level price is only $749 per person. That price includes all taxes, tips, and the conference fee itself. (Note: your travel to Miami is not included in this price.)
All of the speakers—me included—have waived our speaking fees. One hundred percent of the conference fee ($99 of the $749) will go to benefit Kalein, a retreat center that Randy founded to inspire and mentor Christian artists.
In addition, everyone who registers through me will receive a free copy of my two eBooks, “Writing a Winning Fiction Book Proposal” and “Writing a Winning Non-Fiction Book Proposal.”
To qualify for the free e-books and the opportunity to pitch your book to Alice (or me if you are the one picked) you must register here. This will also ensure the best price and a berth on this “creative voyage.”