It’s not as difficult as it might seem to get your message the attention it deserves, especially when so many others are doing it so poorly. All you need to do is to make a few small changes to really move the needle.
Blogger and speaker Jackie Bledsoe is a regular guy with a important message to share on helping men lead and love their families. He’s getting traction, but not the kind he needs to really break out from the crowd.
He has a book coming out soon, and he knows a bigger platform would dramatically improve his chances of success. However, he’s not sure where to start. It seems overwhelming. (Sound familiar?)
In my new, free video series, Your Platform Makeover I give Jackie an intensive, high-octane reboot. And the great news is that everything I show him can also help you skyrocket your blog’s traffic, growth, and impact.
I share eight simple tweaks with Jackie that I’m confident will have a major impact on his traffic. And I’m equally confident these tweaks can help you, too.
The fact that most people will never make these adjustments creates an enormous opportunity for you. If you are willing to put in just a little bit of effort, the door is wide open. You can stand out.
I go in depth with Jackie on each of these tweaks in the video series, walking him through the exact steps that anyone needs to take to make the changes I recommend. When you sign up to watch, I’ve also included a nineteen-page Action Guide (also FREE) to walk you step-by-step through the process.
- Develop a compelling value proposition. Most bloggers never do this—and won’t bother. But a value proposition answers the one basic question your audience is asking, “What can you do for me?” If you aren’t satisfied with the traffic you’re getting, I can virtually guarantee the problem originates from a lack of clarity about your audience.I show Jackie a simple, fill-in-the-blank formula that will enable him (and you) to immediately discover what he has has to offer, and how to most effectively communicate that to his audience. This is a game-changer.
As an added bonus, I’ll share the tool that I rely to get invaluable insight into my audience. This one resource has shaped my product and content creation like no other. Best of all, anyone can do it, regardless of their platform size.
- Create a powerful brand slogan. Once you have your value proposition, you need an unforgettable brand slogan to immediately communicate the value you provide to your audience. It should be short, clear, and punchy. And, you’ll learn in the video that where and how you use it are almost as important as the words themselves.
- Get a great photo shoot. Bloggers often downplay this step, but that’s a big mistake. A great set of photos will give you credibility and make you approachable and relatable. But don’t leave your next photo shoot to chance. Make sure to use the tool I recommend in the video to get the finished product that will make your site sing.
- Commission a professional logo. Like your brand slogan and photos, a good logo says you’re serious and worth listening to. It could be a stylized version of your name, or something more; but either way, it’s essential to presenting a professional appearance.If you’ve ever felt overwhelmed by the design process, or not known where to start, I’m going to share the simple process I use when working with designers to ensure a great result every time.
- Update your blog header. This is where you integrate the branding elements we’ve already covered. The idea is to create a powerful, professional first impression for anyone who visits your site.In the Action Guide I’m going to tell you about in a minute, I’ll show you exactly what to include in your header and provide a visual template to help you easily create a dynamite one of your own.
- Tweak your About page. After your home page, this is the most visited page on your site. It’s crucial to share who you are in a way that is focused on your readers—their interests, wants, and needs.Don’t forget: It’s not just about you. It’s really about your audience. There are ten important elements to every About page, and we discuss them all in the video.
- Create a magnetic email incentive. Building an email list is the most valuable platform asset you have. Without it, you don’t have anyone to sell anything to. With it, you have a highly targeted, high-trust list of prospects ready to consume what you have to offer.To build a list as quickly and effectively as possible, you need a magnetic email incentive to entice your readers to give you their first name and email address.
If you’re thinking you don’t have time to write a big ebook, I have good news for you. In the video, I share a handful of ideas you can easily complete in a weekend to get you up and running fast.
- Dress up your social media pages. It’s important to ensure your branding and messaging are aligned across all of the social media channels that you use. That means a consistent use of head shots, logos, and color schemes. And, don’t forget to include the most important element on the entire page. I’ll tell you what it is in the video.
None of these changes is complicated or very challenging, but they have the potential to skyrocket your traffic, growth, and impact.
Here’s the simple truth most people miss: The crowded online world is just a blessing in disguise. It presents an extraordinary opportunity for you to stand out if you have the clarity and direction you need to succeed—and the willingness to make a handful of small adjustments.
Find out more about how to make these eight simple tweaks and get your free nineteen-page, step-by-step workbook to help you along by signing up for the free video below.
Question: Which tweak you could make to your blog in the next 30 days that would make the biggest difference for your platform?