For years I have wanted to attend The Global Leadership Summit, sponsored by Willow Creek Association. It is kind of the “mothership” of all leadership conferences. Until this year, I have always had a scheduling conflict. I am excited that this year I can finally attend.
The reason I am excited about attending is because I share their core belief that the effectiveness of a local church is largely dependent upon the sold-out, Christ-centered devotion of its leadership core. No church can rise above the level of its leadership. John C. Maxwell calls this the “Law of the Lid.”
The Global Leadership Summit exists to transform Christian leaders around the world with an annual injection of vision, skill development, and inspiration for the sake of the local church. It provides practical, hands-on wisdom from some of the world’s brightest leaders.
This year’s faculty includes:
- Bill Hybels, Founder and Senior Pastor of Willow Creek Community Church
- Howard Schultz, CEO and President of Starbucks
- Erwin McManus, Activist; Filmmaker; Innovator and Cultural Architect of Mosaic
- Michelle Rhee, CEO of StudentsFirst.org, Former Chancellor, DC Public Schools
- Dr. Henry Cloud, Clinical Psychologist and Best Selling Author
- Seth Godin, Best Selling Author and Renowned Marketing Blogger
- Rev. Dr. Brenda Salter McNeil, President of Salter McNeil & Associates
- Len Schlesinger, President of Babson College; Harvard Professor
- Steven Furtick, Lead Pastor of Elevation Church
- John Dickson, Sr Minister of St. Andrews Anglican Church in Sydney Australia
- Mama Maggie Gobran, Founder and CEO of Stephen’s Children Ministry; Nobel Peace Prize Nominee
- Stephen Sundar, Founder of Tribal Revival movement, North India
- Cory Booker, Mayor of Newark, New Jersey
The Summit will be held on Thursday and Friday, August 11-12. More than 7,000 people are expected to attend the onsite venue. The Summit will also be broadcast from the campus of Willow Creek to more than 185 satellite locations across the United States.
I will be speaking at the Summit 2011 “Special Edition” on Wednesday, August 10th. I will then interview speakers as part of a going deeper experience for church leaders.
Please plan now to join me in attending. Between now and Tuesday, May 24, you can get the Super Early Bird discount and save 20–25 percent of the ticket price.