If you are writing a book—or thinking about it—you have no doubt considered self-publishing. Thanks to recent developments in technology, it has never been easier or less expensive.
A few years ago, we launched a self-publishing division at Thomas Nelson called WestBow Press. We did so in partnership with Author Solutions, the largest self-publishing company in the world. They have proven to be great partners.
A few weeks ago, I got to sit down with Kevin Weiss, President and CEO of Author Solutions. In this eight-minute video, I asked Kevin five questions about self-publishing:
- What is self-publishing and how does it differ from vanity publishing?
- What advantages does self-publishing have over traditional publishing?
- What kind of authors can benefit the most from self-publishing?
- Who are some examples of self-published authors who have succeeded?
- What should an author expect to spend to self-publish a book?