In this short video, I tell you my four simple steps to starting a blog. It may sounds basic, but creating quality content and getting it into the hands of your readers is the foundation for building a successful platform. If you don’t have this, nothing else matters.
Whether you are starting your first blog, or have been at it for a while, here are four essential steps you can’t afford to miss:
- Select a Theme for Your Content
- Select a Blog Platform
- Write Your First Post
- Establish a Blogging Frequency
In the video, I explain each step in more detail and give you simple, easy-to-follow action items to get started (or refine your approach) today. So what are you waiting for?
Coming Up This Month at Platform University
At the end of this video, Megan Hyatt Miller gives you a preview of the practical and inspiring content we have coming up at Platform University in August.
- In our Master Class, I interview my personal WordPress developer and partner in the Get Noticed theme, Andrew Buckman, about the Ten Mistakes You Are Making with Your Website and How to Fix Them. You won’t believe how easy it is to take your home base to the next level with Andrew’s simple suggestions.
- In our Backstage Pass, I take you on the road with me and reveal my time-tested packing secrets that keep me organized and prepared to speak when I travel, including all of my favorite products, tools and tips.
- In our Member Makeover, Megan Hyatt Miller, Dean of Platform University and I review the platform of one of our members. We share with him our top ten recommendations for improving his platform and extending his reach.
- Finally, I will host our members-only Live Q&A Conference Call at the end of the month. This month’s theme is “How to Build a Home Base that Gets You Noticed.” Here, our members are invited to ask me their most important home base questions and hear my personal, one-on-one answers.
If you’re not a member of Platform University yet, and would like access to content like this, check us out.
If you are frustrated that your platform isn’t growing fast enough or are overwhelmed by the options with social media, monetization, etc., I created Platform University just for you. I will personally show you how to cut through the clutter and implement the strategies that really work so you can go further, faster.
Question: To those who have already started a blog—if you had it to do all over again, what would you do differently? You can leave a comment by clicking here.