Bob Goff is one of the most amazing men I have ever met. I don’t think I know anyone else who is as adventurous as he is. I certainly don’t know anyone who is a better storyteller.
I first read about Bob in Don Miller’s delightful book, A Million Miles in a Thousand Years. Shortly after that, Don introduced me to him. Then, I had the privilege of spending a few days with Bob and his wife, Maria, at their beautiful home in British Columbia.
Several months later, Don sent me the manuscript for Bob’s new book, Love Does: Discover a Secretly Incredible Life in an Ordinary World. Though I rarely read books from first time authors, I devoured this one. I read it from start to finish in one sitting.
What is the book about? It’s really a series of paradigm shifts disguised as stories. These stories are assembled to prove one thesis: Love is not merely about thoughts and feelings. it is about taking action. Or, as the title of his books says, love does.
Recently I had the opportunity to interview Bob about his book. I asked him the following questions:
- I know you are doing something special with the royalties for this book. Can you tell us about that?
- How did you get into law school? (This is one of my favorite stories ever.)
- You used to think that Jesus was a guy in a robe who was mad at everyone. When did that change for you?
- Can you elaborate on the difference between knowing and doing?
- How do you get done everything you do? It sometimes seems like there are three of you!
- What do you say to the person who says, “Bob Goff is an exception; I don’t have those resources or creativity?”
Love Does is pure inspiration. If you listen to Bob talk about it in this brief interview, you’ll get a little flavor of what to expect in the book.