Next week, we begin shipping Fearless, the new book by mega best-selling author, Max Lucado. In a few minutes, I’ll tell you how to get a copy free.
On the morning of September 15, 2008, I arrived in New York City for a series of meetings on Wall Street. When I got off the plane, I discovered that Lehman Brothers, one of America’s most venerable financial institutions, had filed for bankruptcy. People in the street, on the elevators, and in my meetings seemed stunned. They barely talked. The fear was palpable.
We all sensed that this was something momentous. However, little did we realize that in the months to follow many other familiar institutions would totter and wobble. Not a few would fall to their knees. Fear was about to engulf us like smoke in a burning building.
In fact, if I had to pick one word that summarized the last twelve months, it would be “fear.” It has truly been the “Year of Fear.” People have been afraid that:
- We are on the verge of economic collapse
- We would elect the wrong president
- They would lose their job
- The wouldn’t be able to support their family
- Global warming would destroy the planet
- The Swine Flu would become a pandemic
And the list goes on. In addition, the media were there every step of the way to amplify and spread this emotional virus.
I have to admit, that I have personally struggled with fear more than any other single emotion. It’s been true for my entire adult life. I have laid in bed for nights on end, tossing and turning about all the same things that you worry about: the economy, my job, my health, my kids, etc.
That’s why I was so excited when Max said he wanted to write about fear. If there’s one emotion that is nearly universal, this is it. Maybe this is why Jesus said “fear not,” “do not fear,” “take courage” or something similar 125 times in the Gospels—more than any other single commandment. (The second most common command, to love God and neighbor, appears only eight times.)
My biggest takeaway from this book is that it is possible to live without fear. In fact, the subtitle says it all: “Imagine your life without fear.” Max writes
Imagine your life, wholly untouched by angst. What if faith, not fear, was your default reaction to threats? If you could hover a fear magnet over your heart and extract every last shaving of dread, insecurity, and doubt, what would remain? Envision the day when you can trust more and fear less. Can you imagine your life without fear?”
Fearless will be one of the biggest bestsellers of this year. It is a fantastically well-written book on arguably the greatest felt-need of our time. And you can get it FREE if you act now. Here are three options:
- You can download a free PDF of the first chapter and sample the book for yourself. That was enough to hook me. (You will also need a free copy of Adobe Reader to view it.)
- You can leave a comment below (scroll down) and then sign-up to get a free copy of the actual book. This offer is limited to the first 100 people who respond. It’s available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Remember, the book will not ship until next week, so it will likely be a few weeks before you get your copy.
- If you are a blogger, you can also get a free copy of the actual book. If you are not already signed up as one of our Book Review Bloggers, you need to do that first. Then you can request a copy of the book. We are making 1,000 copies of the book available to bloggers. However, my guess is that these will go quickly.