If you have written a book, or you’re planning to write one, and you want to know what it takes to get that book published … if you want to know how to make your book become a bestseller … then you should read every word of what follows.
In the following paragraphs, I’ll show you it’s possible to intentionally plan to have your book published, and to have it become a bestseller.
There is a process, a system, for achieving this.
The difference between you, and other authors (who will remain unpublished and unread) is simply that you will now know the system.
I know that sounds over-the-top.
The truth, however, is most people who write books never get them published. The reason for that has little to do with whether the book is any good. Plenty of great books go unpublished.
If you are waiting for someone to “discover” you and your book, good luck.
How can I be so sure of what I’m saying? Well, it’s simple: I am both a publisher and a bestselling author. I know this subject from both sides.
Confessions from a Publishing Insider
Since you are reading this on my blog, you probably already know who I am. But in case this is your first visit, my name is Michael Hyatt, and I’m the former CEO of Thomas Nelson Publishers, one of the largest publishing houses in the world.
Over the course of my 30-year career, I’ve launched multiple best-selling authors, authored two New York Times best sellers myself (including my latest book, Platform: Get Noticed in a Noisy World), and built one of the largest blogs in the world with more than 300,000 unique visitors per month.
My new audio course, GET PUBLISHED, lays out the specific strategies that have worked for me and nearly every author I’ve ever worked with. Few people have had the kind of front-row seat I’ve had to watch these publishing masters at work.
And these strategies can work for you, too.
This is the most comprehensive guide to publishing and launching a book I’ve ever seen. The quality is beyond that of anything else out there. Even as a published author, I’m taking notes and finding LOTS of nuggets to apply to my own platform and writing career. Thanks, Michael, for a resource! I’ll be referencing it for years to come!”Jeff Goins
Author of Wrecked
Do You Know What Rejection Is Like?
Personally, I know how challenging it can be to succeed as an author. Whether you’re struggling to find an agent or searching for a publisher, I’ve been there. My first book was rejected 29 times before it was finally accepted. It nearly stopped me dead in my tracks.
What saved me was perseverance—and the belief that I could succeed. If I had only known then what I know now, it would have been a LOT easier.
Maybe you have already published your book. But you just can’t seem to get the sales or the attention your work deserves. I’ve been there, too.
While my first book hit the New York Times bestsellers list, my second book—which I thought was a sure-fire winner—sank without a ripple.
That nearly caused me to quit. Again, if I had only known then what I know now. Like they say, hindsight is 20/20.
But, fortunately for me—and for you—I figured it out and am here to help. This program will provide you with the in-depth instruction and action steps you need to start making your publishing dreams come true.
You Have a Problem
Writing and publishing a book is not easy, and the deck is stacked against you.
According to The New York Times, 81 percent of people say they have a book in them. They believe they have something important to share with the world. But—big surprise!—they never write it.
Because the idea of writing and publishing a book is OVERWHELMING. Most don’t even know where to start. And for those few who choose to jump in and give it a try, they’re often met with roadblocks, confusion, and rejection at every turn.
In fact, the majority of first-time authors who submit a book to an agent or publisher are immediately rejected. Of those who survive the cut, the average author who publishes with a traditional publishing house sells less than 3,000 copies. Authors who choose to self-publish, sell less than 200 copies.
I don’t tell these statistics to discourage you. Rather, I want you to arm you with the truth.
If you don’t approach this the right way—the smart way—then you’ll likely end up another publishing statistic.
I don’t want that for you, and I’m sure you don’t want that, either.
That’s why I have developed a step-by-step solution to show you HOW TO AVOID THE COMMON MISTAKES most authors make and save yourself wasted time, money, and frustration.
It’s called GET PUBLISHED, a 21-session audio program. It provides literally everything you need to know to get published AND become a successful, thriving author. And for a limited time, I am also throwing in FOUR FREE BONUSES worth $150.97.
This Is Not Theory, But Proven, Market-Tested Advice
I don’t share my theories in this course. Everything I talk about has been PROVEN—first in my own publishing experience, and then in the experiences of countless other bestselling authors.
My own experience is not insignificant. It includes working as:
- A marketing director and then a VP of Marketing for two major publishing houses.
- An acquisitions editor, editor-in-chief, and finally publisher of another publishing house.
- The owner of my own publishing company where I experienced the thrill of victory … and the agony of defeat.
- A successful literary agent for several bestselling authors (and a few not-so-successful ones).
And, most recently, as:
- The CEO and then Chairman of Thomas Nelson Publishers, the seventh largest book publisher in the U.S. (now owned by HarperCollins).
Believe me, I’ve seen it all—what works and what doesn’t.
Although there’s no silver bullet for publishing success, my program will DRAMATICALLY INCREASE YOUR CHANCES. If you do the work and follow the steps I lay out for you, you’ll see results. I guarantee it.
Why? Because I take out the guesswork. This program moves beyond ideas of what might work and teaches you precisely what does work—and how to do it. It’s 100 percent market-tested, news-you-can-use.
I can’t say enough good things about Michael Hyatt’s course Get Published. As a new author, it was one ‘ah ha’ moment after another. It was so helpful learning from someone who is inside the industry who could explain the whys behind the whats. Get Published answered all my questions and many that I didn’t even know to ask. I highly recommend this course to anyone who wants to be more successful in their efforts to get published.”S. Courtney Lawson
Wife, Mother, Blogger
What Does the GET PUBLISHED Course Cover?
GET PUBLISHED is made up of three sections with 21 audio lessons—over 10 hours of instruction.
Section 1: Get Ready
This is where publishing success begins. Getting your mind in the right place is a critical part of getting published. Most authors don’t fully understand its significance. This information will change the way you view yourself and your career as an author.
Session 1: Understand the New Publishing World. The publishing industry has changed rapidly over the last few years, if you want to succeed then you must understand the industry and its future. This session will do more than just educate you, it will equip you for what is NEXT. Specifically, I cover …
- 6 major obstacles authors face in today’s crowded marketplace and how (once you understand them) they can actually increase your chances of publishing success
- 5 remarkable reasons it has never been easier for you to get published and to hit the bestsellers list—provided you know the system and how to work it
Session 2: Start With a Winning Mindset. Mindset is everything. Your approach and your perspective will help determine your ability to succeed. In this session I’ll give you specific exercises to overcome the challenges you will undoubtedly face, including
- 3 common emotions every author faces and how you can use them as a catalyst for increased productivity
- 6 characteristics of a winning mindset and why your attitude about writing is more important than the writing itself
Session 3: Set Your Goals. Goals are essential. Not only do they help you achieve measurable results, but they give you focus, clarity, and purpose. During this session we’ll work on setting your goals and then lay out an action plan for achieving them. You’ll learn …
- The one goal-setting secret that transforms a pie-in-the-sky aspiration into a powerful, achievable action plan
- Why the what and the why are way more important than the how—and why you can’t afford to get these reversed.
Session 4: Consider Your Publishing Options. Should you publish with a traditional publisher? Should you self-publish? Authors have more options than ever before. In this session I discuss them all, along with the pros and cons of each. I help you determine which option is BEST FOR YOU. I reveal …
- 4 compelling reasons traditional publishers are still the best option for most authors
- 5 crucial questions that will help you decide if traditional publishing or self-publishing is the right option for you
- The one essential ingredient you better have if you are going to go-it-alone and succeed as a self-published author
Section 2: Get Set
This is the nitty-gritty—the part where you learn exactly how to get published. I take you through the process step-by-step, leaving no stone unturned.
Session 5: Create a Compelling Book Proposal (Part I). In this session and the next, I go into depth about how to create a winning book proposal—one that is “trash proof.” From crafting killer query letters, to describing the market, to honing a unique selling proposition, I explain exactly how to create this critically important document. I share …
- The one mistake that will earn you a near-instant rejection letter
- Why your book proposal is so important and the 3 questions it must answer if you are going to make it past first base
- The purpose of a “premise statement” and the two critical components it must include if your proposal is going to stand out from the competition
Session 6: Create a Compelling Book Proposal (Part II). You’ll not only learn the components of a winning book proposal, but I’ll also give you the inside secrets of how to get a publisher to read it! By the way, my book proposal e-books (which you’ll get as free bonuses) have been endorsed by almost every major agent and several publishers. They are the de facto standard in the publishing industry. I explain …
- How to take inventory of your platform and translate that into a compelling marketing plan
- How to present your bio in a way that establishes your authority to write the book you are proposing
Session 7: Understanding What Goes on in Publishing Houses. This is where being on the inside for so long gives me—and you—a unique advantage. Most authors don’t understand this process. Most agents have never witnessed it first-hand. But when you begin to understand what goes on within the walls of a publishing house, you’re equipped to use that knowledge to your advantage. You’ll discover …
- 6 publishing hurdles you must understand and clear before you will get offered a publishing contract
- 4 practical strategies for clearing the hurdles and enlisting the help of the one person inside the publishing house who wants you to succeed
Session 8: Secure a Publishing Contract. This one session is a game-changer. I explain the role of literary agents, the three benefits they offer, and what you must do to get their attention. And, based on my experience negotiating hundreds of publishing contracts, I discuss …
- 3 specific reasons you must have a literary agent (most authors only understand the first one)
- The one mistake most authors make when shopping for a literary agent, why it makes the process longer than it needs to be, and a specific strategy for avoiding this fatal error
- 5 key contract variables and why nothing else matters if you don’t get these right
Session 9: Get Your Book Written and Finished. Writing a book is a challenge, to be sure. But it doesn’t have to be overwhelming. In this session I show you exactly how to write your book and how to create a system to get your book finished—in the least amount of time and with the least amount of hassle. We’ll explore …
- 7 sure-fire suggestions for making the actual writing process easier
- A little-known software solution to the number one productivity-killer for aspiring authors
Session 10: Cooperate with the Professionals. Learning how to work with others in the publishing industry is critical. You can’t go it alone. You need a team of professionals. Unfortunately, newbie authors often resist this help and suffer the consequences. I’ll show you how to leverage these relationships for your success. I’ll share with you …
- A peek behind the curtain of what happens to your manuscript once you turn it into the publisher (and how you can manage this process to optimize your chances of success)
- The 4 types of editors and why understanding the role of each is critical if you are going to create the best product possible
Session 11: Create a Wow Package. This often spells the difference between success and failure. If prospective readers don’t pick up your book in a bookstore or choose it online, you lose. You’re competing against tens of thousands of other books, and you must stand out. You can’t settle for anything less than wow. I explain …
- The one thing you must do if you are going to create a wow experience for your readers (and the one thing you MUST avoid!)
- The psychology of book-buying, including the 6 steps every prospective reader goes through before deciding to buy.
Section 3: Go!
Here’s where I share the little-known truth that getting published is only the beginning. In this section, you’ll learn how to launch your book and give it the best chance of success once it’s published.
Session 12: Build a Homebase for Your Tribe. In this session I’ll go over the importance of building your platform the right way and doing so with the same social media FRAMEWORK I describe in my New York Times bestseller, Platform: Get Noticed in a Noisy World. You’ll discover …
- What a marketing “home base” is—and isn’t—and why you can’t succeed without one in today’s digital marketplace
- 4 essential elements you must consider in setting up your homebase and establishing your brand
- 2 tiny tweaks you can make to your website that will get people coming back again and again
Session 13: Engage Your Tribe. Influence is generated by engagement. In this session I’ll show you how to build up your tribe (a.k.a. following) and engage them in a way that turns them into raving fans who will help you spread your message. I share …
- The #1 key to building trust and creating loyalty—you can’t convert prospects to customers without it
- A simple ratio that, when practiced, turns your followers and customers into evangelists on your behalf
- The simple 4-part formula I use to add 200+ e-mail subscribers a day to my e-mail list
Session 14: Expand Your Reach. In order to sell more books you must reach more people. In this session I will share very specific strategies you can implement to gain more visibility, expand your reach, and turn it into measurable results.
- 5 no-brainer actions you can take now to increase the size of your social media following (this works for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, etc.)
- 4 strategies for reducing the time you spend on social media and increasing your effectiveness (it takes me less than 30 minutes a day)
Session 15: Build Your Pit Crew. Don’t do it alone. The best results come by those who create teams. Whether you are a first-time author or a seasoned professional, I’ll show you how to build a crew that will amplify your impact and allow you to stay focused on what you do best. You’ll learn …
- The secret to doing more of what you do best and less of what you don’t do so well—or just don’t enjoy doing
- The 5 types of pit crew members, why each is important, and how you can begin building your team now
- How to justify the cost, find the money, and where to invest first to maximize your leverage
Session 16: Prepare for the Big Launch (Part I). During sessions 16 and 17 I’ll share with you exactly what I have done, and many other bestselling authors have done, to create massively successful book launches. It’s not as hard as you may think, but it takes the right strategy and deliberate action. I explain …
- Why the months after you turn in your manuscript but before your book is actually published are critical to setting yourself up for success
- 10 suggestions for improving your interview skills, so you are ready to maximize your media opportunities and turn exposure into sales
Session 17: Prepare for the Big Launch (Part II). The detailed, specific strategies I share with you are exactly what I used to land my book on the New York Times bestsellers list earlier this year. The best part is that almost ALL of these strategies can be done by anyone regardless of their current platform size. You’ll discover …
- 5 personal branding tools you can use to raise your visibility and ensure you are communicating a consistent brand image to the marketplace
- How to secure raving endorsements for your book, even if you don’t know any celebrities (the 5-step formula that I have used over and over again)
- 8 components you MUST include in your online media kit if you are going to recruit strategic partners, media producers, product reviewers, event planners, and super fans
Session 18: Maximize Your Publicity Opportunities. In this session, I’ll share with you how to maximize your impact by leveraging publicity in the right way. Though it can be massively helpful, it can also be a huge time-suck. I’ll help you discern the difference, so you are focused on those publicity activities that generate tangible results. I share …
- Exactly what you must accomplish in the first 30 days after your book is launched in order to avoid ”sinking without a ripple” (the fate of 95% of all books published)
- How bloggers are now the driving force behind book promotion and how you can harness their power to get your book noticed
Session 19: Hit the Best Sellers List. Hitting the bestsellers list is actually more attainable that you might think. I’m not saying it’s easy. It’s not. It requires the right strategy (which I give you) and a tremendous amount of work. But trust me, as a bestselling author myself, it is well-worth the effort. I explain …
- How the bestseller lists are compiled and how you can use that knowledge to increase your chances of landing on one
- Warning! If you do everything right yet miss this one strategy—and most authors do—you will fail, no matter how many books you sell
Session 20: Launch a Business (Part I). So you’ve launched your book, now what? In sessions 20 and 21 I’ll talk to you about how to monetize your platform and turn it into an on-going business. Your book is just the beginning. Think of it as a business card that opens HUNDREDS of doors. You’ll discover …
- How to create a never-ending flow of product ideas that turn your book into the career you’ve always dreamed of
- 7 ways to expand your book into other products that create recurring income, year after year
Session 21: Launch a Business (Part II). I explain in detail what to do, how to do it, and when to do it. I’ll help you turn your ideas into sustainable SOURCES OF INCOME—for life. Not everyone will want to do this, of course, but if you are ready for a career-change (or just need a way to make some extra money), I’ll show you …
- 8 sure-fire ways to monetize your speaking opportunities, using your book to drive interest and invitations
- 3 proven ways to monetize your platform and turn your traffic into cash
Michael Hyatt’s Get Published is the most comprehensive, clear, and current material available to us ‘wanna-be authors.’ The workbook alone is invaluable. The step-by-step approach with room to write down our thoughts and action plans will certainly help us procrastinators. Thank you Michael for sharing with us and not holding anything back. Hope to join you on the bestsellers list in the near future!”Mark E. Randall
The Millionaire Missionary
30 Years of Publishing Experience Only One Click Away!
GET PUBLISHED represents 10-and-a-half hours of distilled, highly-concentrated, POWERFUL publishing advice. This information took me 30 years to learn and digest. I made all the mistakes (as well as learned from the mistakes of others), so you don’t have to. And now you can have it instantly with the click of a button.
Are you ready to get started? Sign up now! GET PUBLISHED is just
$397 for the complete program, including INSTANT ONLINE ACCESS to everything listed below and the special free bonuses.
BUT … if you order GET PUBLISHED now, you can buy it for just $297, a savings of $100! And that includes ALL the bonuses. (That $297 is a one-time payment. There is nothing else to buy and you get access to all the material for as long as you need.)
Become a Published Author and Launch Your Bestseller!
Order today for a one-time payment of just $297.
There are no physical items sent via mail.
(Note: If you would rather pay for it in four easy installments of $86.75 each, you can do that by clicking here.)
Why This Decision Is a No-Brainer
My hope in sharing this material is for it to help authors like you avoid costly mistakes and take advantage of what really works. That’s why I’ve priced it affordably so that as many authors as possible can take advantage of it TODAY.
Maybe you’re thinking, I’m not sure … it just doesn’t sound that affordable.
Ask yourself these three questions…
- What would you pay if you could finally get offered a publishing contract from a traditional publisher?
- What would you pay to avoid the costly mistakes that can doom you to months, if not years, of spinning your wheels and getting nowhere?
- What would you pay to accelerate the learning curve, discover what you need to know, and get your book making money sooner rather than later?
Or look at it this way…
- I charge more than $1,500 an hour for consulting. (I know that sounds ridiculous, but it’s simply supply and demand.) If you hired me to deliver this same content one-on-one, it would cost you more than $15,000.
- It costs almost $1,500 to attend one of my live conferences (e.g., SCORRE or Launch), plus travel and accommodations. If I delivered this same content to you in a multi-day conference, you’d pay more than $2,500 for the opportunity.
- My peers in the online marketing world typically charge $997 to $2,997 for courses similar to this. The crazy thing is that hundreds and even thousands of people pay these amounts.
Sure, given enough time you could probably figure out most of what I say on your own. You could scour the Internet for free advice, try to book appointments with industry professionals, or talk with a few friends who are authors.
But what is your time worth?
Even if you have the time, do you have the contacts and would you know what steps to take to go from point A to point B with any probability of success?
My guess is “no.”
Even if you did, you still wouldn’t have my thirty years worth of experience as a publisher, literary agent, and New York Times bestselling author—or the opportunity to work along side hundreds of bestselling authors, as I have, observing the common strategies and behaviors that lead to publishing success.
But now you can have it all, all 21 audio sessions (totaling over 10 hours of targeted teaching), workbook, and bonus materials for the special introductory price of $297.00.
Michael Hyatt is a master at ‘Showing vs Telling.’ Telling would only give us more information, leaving us to fend for ourselves. However, with Get Published, Michael shows us how to achieve results by walking us step-by-step through the process. This is by far the best resource I’ve found on publishing and building my career as an author.”Dana Pittman
Writer and “Spiritual Midwife”
The Questions I’m Asked Most Frequently
If we were face-to-face over a cup of coffee, I would answer all your questions about GET PUBLISHED. But since we’re not, let me do the next best thing …
Here are the top ten questions I get asked most frequently, and my answers.
Q: Will I receive anything in the mail?
A: No. This product 100% digital. The good news is that you will not have to wait for this program to arrive in the mail. You will get INSTANT ACCESS. You can begin your publishing journey within minutes of making the decision to buy.
Q: What happens after I purchase GET PUBLISHED?
A: Within minutes of submitting your order, you will receive an e-mail confirmation. It will include your account information and login to the GET PUBLISHED Dashboard. Here you can access all of the audio content, download the workbook and e-books, and access the bonus content.
Q: How much overlap is there between this and your other products?
A: To be honest, some. Sessions 5 and 6 cover how to create a compelling book proposal. I have dealt with this topic in my two e-books on this subject (which you will also receive as a bonus when you buy GET PUBLISHED). However, in this program I actually talk you through creating them, just as if I were coaching you one-on-one. I cover some of the content in Section 3 in my book, Platform. But again, I talk you through it in GET PUBLISHED, adding additional material and applying it specifically to publishing. All in all, I would estimate there’s about a 20% overlap with previously-published material.
Q: What if this doesn’t meet my needs?
A: No problem. I offer a full 90-day money-back guarantee. If you buy GET PUBLISHED today and don’t agree that it’s worth every penny I said it was, I will promptly refund your money. No questions asked. No hassle. You have my word on it. (See the certificate further down the page).
Q: How do I get a refund?
A: Just send me an e-mail and we will instantly refund your money. (Okay, if it’s the middle of the night here, it might be the next day.)
Q: What if I am already a published author?
A: Honestly, everything still applies. You, perhaps more than anyone, know you need help if you are going to succeed. While I don’t offer any silver bullets, I take the guesswork out of how to succeed as an author.
Q: What if I can’t pay for this all at once?
A: We have an installment plan just for you. You can pay for it in four easy installments of $86.75 each by clicking here. Granted, it’s more expensive that way, but waiting until you can afford to pay all at once may even be more expensive!
Q: How long will I have access to this program?
A: Forever. Or at least as long as the Internet exists. If you are really concerned, you can download everything—every audio session, the workbook, and all four bonuses—directly to your local computer.
Q: Can I download the audio sessions and import them into iTunes?
A: Yes. In fact, we even have a tutorial in the program on how to do this.
Q: What if I have a question or need support?
A: We are here to help. Simply submit any questions you have to our support forum here. If you prefer, you can call us at (904) 297-8685.
Act Now and Get Four FREE Bonuses!
In addition to the GET PUBLISHED audio sessions, I will give you four thank you bonuses worth $150.97—ABSOLUTELY FREE. Here’s what I’ve included:
- Bonus 1: The GET PUBLISHED Workbook and Action Plan (a $27.00 value).
This workbook and action plan will help you take the ideas and strategies I provide in these lessons and turn them into practical, tangible results. These 56 pages of concentrated content will take you by the hand and lead you to publishing success.
- Bonus 2: Why NOW is the Best Time Ever to Be an Author (a $47.00 value)
Something significant has shifted in the last ten years of publishing. For the first time ever, the author is in the driver’s seat. In this forty-five minute video, I offer five specific reasons why there has never been a better time to be an author than right now.
- Bonus 3: How to Start Publishing for Kindle (a $47.00 value)
My friend, Jeff Goins, put together a killer presentation on everything you need to know to publish your book on the Amazon Kindle. He explains in detail what this platform is, why it is so powerful, and how you can get near-instant distribution for your book without going through a traditional publisher. Perhaps most importantly, he shares how you can begin earning money—lots of it—by following his proven formula.
- Bonus 4: Writing a Winning Book Proposal (a $29.97 value)
This bonus includes my two wildly popular e-books on how to write a book proposal. I have included both the fiction and non-fiction editions. I provide step-by-step guidance for “trash proofing” your proposal and making sure it gets the attention it deserves. These e-books have helped thousands of authors get an agent, secure a publishing contract, and realize their dreams.
You Take Zero Risk
Still not convinced? Honestly, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Here’s why …
One more thing: This entire program is online so you will have INSTANT ACCESS to start learning today! Because this is an all-digital product, you can access it all RIGHT NOW. No shipping. No waiting. It’s ready when you are. You can listen whenever you want and replay the sessions at any time, day or night.
For just $297.00, you get all of this content INSTANTLY to download:
Your future is waiting. Now is the time to GET PUBLISHED! Click “Get Instant Access” below to start today!
Become a Published Author and Launch Your Bestseller!
Order today for a one-time payment of just $297.
There are no physical items sent to you via mail.
P.S. Don’t put this decision off. This introductory offer of $297 and the four THANK YOU bonuses are only available for a limited time.
P.P.S. If you would rather pay for it in four easy installments of $86.75 each, you can do that by clicking here.
P.P.P.S. Have a question? Contact us via e-mail for support or call (866) 306-9425.
I needed Get Published ten years ago. It was then that my wife Jennifer Rothschild published her first book Lessons I Learned in the Dark. New to publishing, I looked for a complete resource that would provide the ins and outs of publishing. Instead I found helpful, but disjointed and incomplete advice. Get Published walks would be authors step-by-step, from concept development to sales and marketing. The workbook keeps you on task, prompting you to take action. And, you can do it on your own schedule. Finally, a complete resource, from a trustworthy expert.Dr. Philip Rothschild
Missouri State University