However, just prior to that, W. Scott Brown, the editor of Outcomes magazine, interviewed me on the topic of “How Can Christian Leaders Get Started with Social Media?” It was a 10-minute preview of what I covered with the CEOs.
Scott asked me seven questions:
- You have 75,000 followers on Twitter. What did you tweet about this morning?
- Is social media really that important? Do ministry leaders really need to be involved?
- Ministry leaders are busy. How much time does it really take?
- If a ministry leader has not gotten started with social media, is it too late? If not, what should he or she do first?
- If you already have a Twitter account or Facebook page, what’s next? How do you capitalize on social media? How do you keep it from being another form of spam?
- Why have you invested so much energy into blogging and should other leaders consider it?
- Where will ministries be in ten years if they engage with social media? if they don’t?