What could happen to your product, service, brand, or cause, if you could more media coverage—the right kind of coverage?
In this brief video, my friend Stu McLaren interviews me about how platform-builders can get more media coverage for their business or cause. This is an excerpt from this month’s Master Class at Platform University.
I have done more than 1,600 radio, television, newspaper, and podcast interviews. In the Master Class, I share what I have learned—the good, the bad, and the ugly.
In this six-minute excerpt we discuss:
- Why chasing television shows is largely a waste of time.
- The kind of media coverage that delivers much better results—at a fraction of the cost.
- My strategic media priorities—what I pursue first, second, and third.
- Why podcast interviews are particularly valuable.
- How you can begin building media relationships now—before you need them.
At the end of the video, Megan Hyatt Miller (yes, my daughter!) provides an overview of the content we’ll be sharing this month with our Platform University members.
- In our Master Class, Stu interviews me in-depth about how to get more media, how to do interviews like a pro, and the mistakes you must avoid to succeed. (The above video is an excerpt from the class.)
- In our Backstage Pass, I share how I prepare for speaking engagements. I talk about everything from how I prepare my slides and notes, to the information I gather from the event sponsor.
- In our Member Makeover, Megan and I review the platform of one of our members. We share with him ten recommendations to take his platform to the next level.
In addition to this, I will be hosting our members-only Live Q&A Conference Call at the end of the month. This is an opportunity for our members to ask me any question they want about platform-building.
If you’re not a member, check us out. I created Platform University to help you build your platform bigger and faster than you could on your own. Don’t miss this opportunity to get the inspiration, training, and resources you need to succeed.
Question: What have you done to try and get more media coverage for your business or cause? What have the results been?