Last week I spoke at the Owen Business School at Vanderbilt University. One of the graduate students asked me for a list of my favorite business books. I thought I’d share my list here.
These are in no particular order. I may think of others, but these are the ones that come to mind first.
- Good to Great by Jim Collins
- The E-Myth Revisited by Michael Gerber
- Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
- Made to Stick by Chip Heath and Dan Heath
- Jesus CEO by Laurie Beth Jones
- Getting Things Done by David Allen
- Stress for Success by James E. Loehr and Mark McCormack
- Secrets of Power Negotiating by Roger Dawson
- The Four Obsessions of an Extraordinary Executive by Patrick M. Lencioni
- You Are the Message by Roger Aisles
I intentionally did not list any Thomas Nelson authors. I wanted to avoid the politics involved when one author is listed and others are not. I will say though that I devour anything by John C. Maxwell. He is a dear friend and has had a huge influence on my own leadership style.