I’ve seen several Web sites offer their top ten lists. So, inspired by their example, I thought I would offer my thoughts on Thomas Nelson’s top ten accomplishments in 2006. I have listed these in priority order.
- Taking the Company private
- Launching the One Company initiative
- Hosting thirty-eight live events, including ten “Revolve” conferences for teens
- Having the #2 bestselling book for all of 2006 across all genres: The NKJV Text Bible
- Putting 20 books on the New York Times bestsellers list
- Having a New York Times #1 bestseller for five weeks in a row (e.g., Robin McGraw’s, Inside My Heart)
- Buying Integrity Publishers
- Opening offices in China, Brazil, and Mexico.
- Bringing clarity to our editorial standards
- Becoming the sixth largest trade publisher in America (and having the data to prove it!)
What have I missed? More important, what were the biggest accomplishments of your division or department? Use the comments section below to share your thoughts and your own list.
Even if you disagree with my list, you have to admit that 2006 was an incredible year. I believe 2007 will be even better. We are on the verge of launching some incredible things. We are changing. The industry is changing. The world is rife with opportunity. Let’s make a difference and do something significant that will echo through time and eternity.