When I attended Digital Book World back in January, they interviewed me about my take on social media, bundling, sharing, and the success of our BookSneeze.com program. One of the things people requested on my recent reader survey was more video, particularly excerpts from my speeches and interviews. Enjoy!
In this short, three-minute video I answer five questions:
- Why did you, as the CEO of a major publishing company, personally get involved in social media?
- How is social media changing the way that you market books?
- Why did you start BookSneeze.com, your book review program for bloggers?
- Why do you think the “bundling” of different product formats (e-book, print, audio, etc.) will become more common-place?
- What are some aspects of traditional publishing that publishers, authors, and agents must abandon in order for digital publishing to go to the next level?
By the way, here are several other interviews with publishing executives at Digital Book World that you might want to check out:
- Jane Friedman, Founder and CEO of Open Road Integrated Media (former CEO of HarperCollins)
- Sarah Weinman, News Editor of Publishers Marketplace
- Deborah Forte, president of Scholastic Media
- Dominique Raccah, CEO of Sourcebooks
- James McQuivey, VP and Principal Analyst of Forrester Research