I meant to post this right after the first of the month. However, with all the activity leading up to my recent transition, I forgot. Sorry about that.
In case you missed them, I have included my top ten posts for March 2011, along with my top ten commenters. I am sending each of the top commenters a free copy of A Million Miles in a Thousand Years: What I Learned While Editing My Life by Donald Miller.
Here are my top ten posts:
- Why Speaking Well of Your Spouse Is So Important
- Creating Your Personal Life Plan
- Advice to First Time Authors
- Fix for Wireless Connection Problems on the Mac
- Three Questions Your Should Ask Before You Buy an iPad 2
- My Advice to Beginning Bloggers
- An Interview with Todd Burpo, Author of Heaven Is for Real
- Seth Godin on the Difference Between Leadership and Management
- Using the iPad to Take Meeting Notes
- Are You Ready to Start Living Your Life on Purpose
I wrote three of these posts more than a year ago. If you are a blogger, you can continue to generate significant traffic for old posts, provided you are intentional about it. (I outline my strategy in a blog post called, “Recycling Your Blog Content.”)
Although I didn’t include it in the list, because it is not really a post, my About page continues to be near the top. If you are a blogger, this is why it is important to carefully engineer this page. You might want to read “10 Ways to Create a Better About Page for Your Blog.”
My top ten commenters were:
Uma Maheswaran S
Lisa R Whittle
Note to commenters: Sign up for a free Disqus account. This is the commenting software I use on my site. That way, when you comment it will create a backlink to your blog or Website. Also, if you upload an Avatar (picture), we will get to see what you look like. This is just way more personal and social.
For April, I’m going to give a free copy of Everyone Communicates, Few Connect: What the Most Effective People Do Differently by John C. Maxwell, to each of my top 10 commenters.
Ready. Set. Go!