In case you missed them, here are my top ten posts for May 2011, along with my top ten commenters. I am sending each of the top commenters a free copy of Jolt!: Get the Jump on a World That’s Constantly Changing by Phil Cooke.
Here are my top ten posts:
- Find Your Passion in Three Steps (a guest post by Mary DeMuth)
- Avoiding One Great Temptation Every New Dream Faces (a guest post by Jon Acuff)
- What Are You Doing to Protect Your Marriage?
- How to Organize Evernote for Maximum Efficiency
- Creating Your Personal Life Plan
- Fix for Wireless Connection Problems on Macbook Pro
- Why I Ditched My Moleskine Journal
- How to Update Your Facebook Status with Twitter
- Three Reasons Why You Must Guard Your Heart
- Three Questions You Should Ask Before You Buy an Ipad 2
Amazingly, the top two posts were guest posts! Congratulations to both Mary DeMuth and Jon Acuff.
In addition, I wrote there of these posts more than a year ago. As I have pointed out before, if you are a blogger, you can continue to generate significant traffic for old posts. You just need to be intentional about it. (I outline my strategy in a blog post called, “Recycling Your Blog Content.”)
Although I didn’t include it in the list, because it is not really a post, my About page continues to be near the top (#17 to be exact). If you are a blogger, this is why it is important to carefully engineer this page. You might want to read “10 Ways to Create a Better About Page for Your Blog.”
My top ten commenters were:
Uma Maheswaran S
Note to commenters: Please sign up for a free Disqus account. This is the commenting software I use on my site. That way, when you comment it will create a back-link to your blog or Website. Also, if you upload an Avatar (picture), we will get to see what you look like. This is just way more personal—and social.
For June, I’m going to give a free copy of Jesus, My Father, The CIA, and Me: A Memoir. . . of Sorts by Ian Cron, to each of my top 10 commenters. It is one of the BEST books I have read this year.
Ready. Set. Go!