In this brief video, I share the six-part framework I use to write my own blog posts. This enables me to write faster and with more predictable results.
- Start with the headline. Write something that will pull people into the body of the post.
- Write a great lead paragraph. Make the topic immediately relevant and explain what people will get in the rest of the post.
- Use a relevant image. Magazines do it. So do newspapers. Pictures catch the eye and pull people in.
- Tell a personal story. Nothing works quite like stories. They connect with people and pull them deeper into the content.
- Make your content scannable. Use short paragraphs, short sentences, and simple words. Use bulleted lists. Help people feel a sense of progress.
- Invite others into the conversation. End with an open-ended question. And then participate in the discussion.
In addition to this short tip, Stu McLaren previews what we have going on this next month at Platform University. He previews the new Master Class, Backstage Pass, Member Makeover, and From the Road segments.
If you haven’t yet checked out Platform University, have a look at the first video. It’s free. I share how I built my own blog audience to more than 350,000 unique visitors a month.