In this podcast episode I talk about the relationship between vision and productivity. I share the story of becoming a divisional leader at Thomas Nelson. Better productivity would not have improved our operating results. We needed a better vision.
Click to Listen
I discuss how any leader can develop vision by following these seven steps:
- Get alone with a journal and a pen.
- Make sure you won’t be interrupted.
- Close your eyes and pray.
- Jot down your current reality.
- Now write down what you want to see happen.
- Share your vision with those who have a stake in the outcome.
- Commit to reading your vision daily.
I also answer four questions from my listeners.
- “How do you go about rebuilding vision when you lose it?”
- “What are some helpful ways to communicate your vision through blogs and social media?”
- “What do you do with your vision if your values change?”
- “How important is vision when providing correction to employees or even volunteers?”
I mentioned the following resources in the show:
- John Eldredge, Desire: The Journey We Must Take to Find the Life God Offers
- Michael Hyatt, Creating Your Personal Life Plan
You can download a transcript of the show here.
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe: