My wife, Gail, often travels with me when I speak at various events. Inevitably, she is asked, “How do you live with a entrepreneur?”
In fact, two literary agents have encouraged her to write a book on this topic. So I sat down and interviewed her about this very topic. It was lot of fun. So much so, that we decided to make this a three-part series.
Click to Listen
This week, we focused on what you need to do if you are married to an entrepreneur. This also applies to those who are married to corporate executives, ministry leaders, or any other kind of “Type A” personality.
Next week, we will focus on what you need to do if you are the entrepreneur—and keep from blowing up your marriage.
Finally, in week 3, we are planning to take questions from my listeners. So if you have one, please scroll down to the voicemail widget below and leave your question.
If you are married entrepreneur, you can help them (and yourself) by giving them five gifts:
- The gift of belief
- The gift of appreciation
- The gift of affirmation
- The gift of perspective
- The gift of commitment
- We still have a few tickets left for the Platform Conference, which will be held in Dallas, Texas on November 3-5, 2013—just about a month away. We have a terrific lineup of speakers this year:
- Lysa TerKeurst
- Amy Porterfield
- Derek Halpern
- Cliff Ravenscraft
- Stu McLaren
- Ray Edwards
- Jeff Goins
- Ken Davis
This conference is for anyone who wants to build a platform or take their existing platform to the next level.
- If you are considering launching your own platform—or just getting serious about it—you need to start with a self-hosted WordPress blog.
This is not as complicated as it sounds. In fact, I have put together a step-by-step screencast on exactly how to do it.
You don’t need any technical knowledge.By the way, I just updated this screencast a few weeks ago, so it has the latest and greatest information available. I walk you through the entire process in exactly 20 minutes.
- In my next podcast, we’ll discuss what the entrepreneur in the relationship can do to achieve his or her dreams without blowing up the marriage.
Gail and I will devote the third episode in this series to answering your questions. If you have a question on this or ANY subject, please leave me a voicemail by clicking below:
This is a terrific way to cross-promote your blog or website, because I will link to it, just like I did with the callers in this episode.
In this episode I mentioned several resources, including:
- Book: Platform: Get Noticed in a Noisy World by Michael Hyatt
- Conference: Platform Conference
- Membership: Platform University
- Screencast: EZ WordPress Setup
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
If you have an idea for a podcast you would like to see or a question about an upcoming episode, e-mail me.
Also, if you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out! Thanks.
Question: What advice do you have for someone who is married to an entrepreneur?