Good habits lead to good outcomes. Bad habits lead to bad ones. But if it’s his simple, why is it so hard to change?
Maybe it’s time to step back and deconstruct the whole process. In this episode I confess to a bad habit and what I learned in the process of trying to overcome it.
Click to ListenSpecifically, I share five strategies for building new habits.
- Envision the future.
- Track your progress.
- Develop a ritual.
- Establish accountability.
- Schedule check-ups.
You can defeat bad habits, and you can build better ones. But in order to overcome the odds and be successful, you must be intentional.
- Brian Graves asked, “Can you dedicate a show to search engine optimization?”
- Chris Fontana asked, “Can you share some of your daily affirmations?”
- Christina Donne asked, “What is your best advice for attracting new traffic for your blog?”
- Joy Stevens asked, “Is it better to blog under your own personal name or should you do it under your organization?”
- Matthew Green asked “How do you know when it is time to leave your job?”
- I am reducing the number of speaking engagements I am accepting. Most of my slots for next year are full, but I have a few left. If you are interested in considering me for your event, please check out my Speaking Page.
- If you are considering launching your own platform—or just getting serious about it—you need to start with a self-hosted WordPress blog.
This is not as complicated as it sounds. In fact, I have put together a step-by-step screencast on exactly how to do it. You don’t need any technical knowledge.
By the way, I just updated this screencast a few weeks ago, so it has the latest and greatest information available. I walk you through the entire process in exactly 20 minutes.
- My next podcast will be on the subject of “Advice to New Leaders.” So, if you have a question on this or any subject, please leave me a voicemail by clicking below:
This is a terrific way to cross-promote your blog or website, because, if I use your question on the show, I will link to it—just like I did with the callers in this episode.
In this episode I mentioned several resources, including:
- Book: 48 Days to the Work You Love by Dan Miller
- Charity: World Teacher Aid
- eBook: The Virtual Assistant Solution: Come Up for Air, Offload the Work You Hate, and Focus on What You Do Best
- Membership: Platform University
- Screencast: EZ WordPress Setup
- Software: Scribe SEO
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
If you have an idea for a podcast you would like to see or a question about an upcoming episode, e-mail me.
Also, if you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out! Thanks.
Question: What is one new habit you would like to build into your life? You can leave a comment by clicking here.