This is something I have never done on my podcast—an interview. However, this opportunity was too good to pass up.
Recently, I had the chance to sit down with Gary Vaynerchuk, author of the new bestseller, Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook.
This is one one of the best social media books I have read in a long time. In fact, I had a hard time getting through it, because I kept stopping to implement Gary’s step-by-step recommendations.
Click to Listen
During the interview, I asked Gary the following questions:
- In the first chapter, you provide some amazing social media stats—especially about mobile devices. Could you share some of these with us?
- Everyone knows traditional marketing has lost its effectiveness, but can you share how even digital marketing isn’t what it used to be?
- In the book, you say that boxing is a “natural metaphor” for doing business. In particular, you compare boxing and story-telling. What parallels do you see between the two?
- In your opinion, what really makes for a great story?
- You go in-depth into five major social networks: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Tumbler. We don’t have time to discuss them all, but let’s talk about Facebook … what are the forces that make it more difficult than ever for marketers to be effective in this channel?
- Could you tell the story about the fighter James Douglas, his fights with Mike Tyson and Evander Holyfield, and the lessons for us?
- When it comes to social media, you never stop learning.
- As a curator of content (particularly in on Twitter and Facebook) I am like a deejay, introducing and commenting on what I share.
- I need to create different posts for different social media channels. One size doesn’t fit all!
- If you are considering launching your own platform—or just getting serious about it—you need a self-hosted WordPress blog.
This is not as complicated as it sounds. In fact, I have put together a step-by-step screencast on exactly how to do it. You don’t need any technical knowledge.
By the way, I just updated this screencast recently, so it has the latest and greatest information available. I walk you through the entire process in exactly 20 minutes.
Click here for more information.
- If you’d like to ask a question with a chance of having me answer it on the show, please leave me a voicemail by clicking below:
This is a terrific way to cross-promote your blog or website, because, if I use your question on the show, I will link to it—just like I did with the callers in this episode.
In this episode I mentioned several resources, including:
- Book: Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook by Gary Vaynerchuk
- Membership: Platform University
- Screencast: How to Launch a Self-Hosted WordPress Blog in 20 Minutes or Less
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
If you have an idea for a podcast you would like to see or a question about an upcoming episode, e-mail me.
Also, if you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out! Thanks.
Question: What were your key take-aways from the interview with Gary? You can leave a comment by clicking here.