When it comes to Evernote, I am a hopeless fanboy. It has become an indispensable part of my productivity tool box. I use it as much as I use email or my calendar.
While it is easy enough to get started with Evernote, it is a program that is incredibly deep and rich. Just when I think I have mastered it, I discover a new tip or trick. In addition, the company regularly issues new updates with additional features.
For example, last week I discovered that I can share a note with others by creating a “shared note URL.” Just right-click on any note and select Share | Copy shared note URL to clipboard. To demonstrate, here’s a template I use with event planners who book me to speak. You can share this via an email or (as I am doing now) in a blog post.
Because I have written a number of posts on Evernote, people assume I know more than I do. The truth is that I know where to find what I need to know. Rather than keeping these resources to myself, I thought I would share them with you.
Here are seven Evernote resources you may not know about:
- The Evernote Essentials e-Book. The author, Brett Kelly, does a great job covering the basics. This is where I tell everyone to start.
- The Evernote User Forum. The Evernote user community is large and growing. They are also actively engaged in helping one another solve problems.
- The Evernote Blog. This is the best place to hear about new updates and features. There’s nothing like getting it straight from the horse’s mouth.
- The Evernote App Center. This is a built in resource catalog of third-party hardware, software, gear, and even notebooks (e.g., recipes, restaurants, photography tips, etc.)
- Ron’s Evernote Tips. This is actually a series of three Evernote notebooks created by Ron Toledo, the marketing Manager at Evernote. You might also want to subscribe to his Tumblr blog.
- Evernote Blogcast. This is a podcast contains news, tips, and tricks for Evernote users at every level—beginner to advanced. This is great resource to listen to during your morning commute or run.
- My previous Evernote posts. I have written several posts about Evernote, mostly from the perspective of how I am using it to manage my personal life and career. You can find the complete list below.
This should get you started. If you have come across other Evernote resources, I would like to hear about them.