Do you have a really big dream or far-out goal that you’ve never told anybody about? We’ll bet you do because we’ve had them too. What’s sad is that most of those dreams get buried under a huge mound of fear and insecurity.
It doesn’t have to be that way!
We’ve felt that same fear of acting on our deepest desires. And we’ve learned from experience that when you do take the risk of sharing your dream, people usually tell you “get real” or “be practical.” It’s discouraging. After a while, it’s just easier to play it safe.
Here’s the thing: nothing good in our lives has come from thinking small. All the breakthroughs—every single one—have come as a result of dreaming big and nurturing those dreams to reality.
Thinking big is a skill, just like anything else. You can train yourself to it, and we’ll show you how. I (Megan) had to learn that lesson to overcome my lifelong fear of public speaking. To do that, I had to envision a bigger future for myself. In this episode, I share that journey and how it transformed my life and leadership.
We’re excited about this message because we know it will be a turning point for a lot of people, maybe you.
Here’s the insight you get in this episode—
- Learn why the biggest change you need is in your mindset, not your behavior.
- Identify the primary emotion that keeps us from dreaming big.
- Recognize the predictable process that causes you to give up on big ideas.
- Find out why writing down your dreams nearly guarantees they’ll be realized.
- Understand the difference between a dream and a goal, and why both matter.
- Discover the most vulnerable stage in thinking big, and learn how to ensure your dream doesn’t die here.
- Hear the magic question that moves you from dreaming to doing.
- See why most big dreams are not achieved. (Hint: It’s not lack of ability.)
Seriously, this is one of the most exciting episodes we’ve produced. We hope it’ll inspire you to dig deep, think back, and recover the big ambition you’ve been too afraid to voice. We know you can do it!
Here’s Something that Would Really Help
Are you a Lead to Win subscriber? If not, you’re missing a major opportunity to get practical, actionable advice delivered straight to your device every week. Don’t miss a single episode! Subscribe on iTunes or wherever you listen. If you need help, click here for simple instructions.
And if you’re really loving the show, we’d be super-grateful if you’d also leave a review on iTunes. That’ll help others find this program so they can benefit too. We read every single review. Good, bad, or indifferent, we’d love to hear what you think. Click here to rate the podcast and leave your own review.
Resources Mentioned in This Episode
- The Power of Positive Thinking by Norman Vincent Peale
- The Magic of Thinking Big by David Schwartz https://www.amazon.com/Magic-Thinking-Big-David-Schwartz/dp/0671646788
- Write It Down, Make It Happen by Henriette Anne Klauser https://www.amazon.com/Write-Down-Make-Happen-Knowing/dp/0684850028/
- Full-Focus Planner: Pre-order in the Executive, Classic, and Bold lines
- LeaderScore Assessment