Several weeks ago, I had the privilege of hosting the Chick-fil-A Leadercast Backstage program. I interviewed several notable authors as they came off the stage, including John Maxwell, Sir Ken Robinson, Dan Cathy, Suzy Welch, Frans Johansson, and several others. I thought I would share these with you over the next several weeks.
This one is with Seth Godin. He talked about several topics, including:
- Why things are the way they are
- The massive change we are witnessing in almost every field
- Why the “new normal” is the chance of a lifetime
- How people can approach change
- Why we experience stress
- Why he started The Domino Project and how it is disrupting the publishing industry
- The old model of publishing compared to the new
- What kind of push-back has he received from traditional publishers
- His advice he has for new authors (caution: this is radical)
- Why authors don’t need to wait to be picked
- The role of traditional publishers in the future
- His favorite book out of all the ones he has written (I hadn’t even heard of it!)
Seth was as delightful as always. I could have talked with him for hours.