You’ve heard it before: everyone is a leader. If you have influence—and you do—you are a leader. But, honestly, it takes a little more than that to claim the mantle of leadership.
Listen to the AudioToday, Michele and I provide twelve ways for you to know for sure whether or not you’re a leader:
- You long to make a difference.
- You’re dissatisfied with the status quo.
- You’re not waiting on a bigger staff or more resources to accomplish your vision.
- Your dreams are so big, they seem impossible.
- You acknowledge what is but inevitably ask what could be.
- You realize you don’t have to be in charge to have significant influence.
- You refuse to blame others for your circumstances, and you take responsibility for finding solutions.
- You foster unity by bringing people together and encouraging dialogue.
- You’re quick to say, “I messed up. Here’s what I’m going to do to fix the problem I’ve created.”
- You value relationships more than tasks.
- You walk your talk, not perfectly but sincerely and intentionally.
- You’re a learner.
If this sounds like you, congratulations. You are a leader—or well on your way to becoming one. Leadership is not about experience, education, or talent. It’s about choosing to lead. That’s where it begins.
Read the Transcript
Join the Conversation
My favorite part of doing these podcasts is participating in the conversation they provoke. Each week, I ask one question. This week, it is this:
Question: Based on these 12 ways, would you consider yourself a leader? You can leave a comment by clicking here.
Binge on All 13 Episodes!
If you want to listen to more episodes, you will find all thirteen audio episodes of Season 1 here. I release the video episodes weekly, as they are not yet available for batch listening. If you are looking for previous episodes, you can find Season 0 here
Explore Additional Resources
In this episode we mentioned several resources, including:
- Book: Good to Great by Jim Collins
- Book: The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
- Book: Thrive by Arianna Huffington
- Conference: The Alignment Intensive by Gap International
- Movie: We Were Soldiers
Ask Me a Question
If you have a question, comment, thought or concern, you can do so by clicking here. We’d love to hear from you.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
Share the Love
If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show.