I was stunned when I saw the statistic. According to a LinkedIn survey, only 11 percent of professionals actually complete their daily to-do lists. Why so few?
“Survey respondents pointed to unplanned tasks (such as unscheduled phone calls, emails and meetings) as the primary cause for not completing all items on their to-do lists,” the organization said. In other words, interruptions are the primary culprit.
When I surveyed my own audience about productivity, they said the same thing. Constant interruptions and distractions are the No. 1 obstacle we face in staying productive and accomplishing our most important projects.
This is a nut I feel personally called to crack. Entrepreneurs and executives like us have too much value to contribute to our businesses and the people that matter most in our lives to let distractions drag us down.
But what can we do to say focused and deliver results day in and day out?
My free, new teaching series has the answer. It’s called Your Total Productivity Makeover: Insider Secrets Elite Executives Use to Achieve More by Doing Less. The series is comprised of three, high-value teaching sessions. I launched it just yesterday, and I’m excited about the positive feedback we’re already getting.
In Your Total Productivity Makeover you’ll discover:
- The strategies elite executives use to accomplish more in less time.
- The top-three productivity de-railers and how to beat them.
- Why to-do lists have become a menace to nearly 90 percent of professionals.
- The difference between your Drudgery Zone and your Desire Zone.
- A powerful model that reveals the work you should do—and the work you should never do.
- A simple five-step process to slash your to-do list by as much as 80 percent.
- One task that gobbles more hours per day than any other—and how to redeem that time for more productive work.
- Five easy steps to tame your inbox, including an easy filter for rapidly processing incoming email.
I believe you have all the time you need to accomplish what matters most.
Highly productive people aren’t born that way. They’ve learned how to clear their desks and minds of distractions so they can focus on important projects that move the needle in their business. And you can, too. Your Total Productivity Makeover will show you exactly how.
If you want to feel empowered and equipped to tackle the interruptions standing in your path, don’t wait. Sign up for my new series while registration is open.