What do you do when you’re lost? You know the feeling: You look around and things are unfamiliar. You feel uneasy. Your confidence evaporates.
That happened to me on a hike in the Colorado Rockies a few years back. I was totally captivated by the scenery, got confused, and took the wrong path down the mountain.
When I realized I was off track, I stopped and checked my phone. Thankfully, I had a signal and could use the map to find my way back.
Most lost hikers go wrong by not stopping. Robert Koester’s job is to find lost hikers. “Most people—especially males—just keep plowing ahead in the direction they were going, in the hope … that just around the corner they’ll see something they recognize,” he says.
If they had a GPS and knew how to use it, they could find their way. Instead, they press on, get farther offtrack, and put themselves in serious danger.
We do that in life, too, don’t we? Maybe you’re getting that lost feeling right now in your career, your marriage, your health, your finances, your spiritual life—you name it.
Don’t just plow ahead! Now’s your chance to stop and consult the map.
A GPS for Your Life
My friend Daniel Harkavy and I are releasing a new video series called Blueprint Your Life: A Proven Plan to Live Forward and Stop Drifting Backward. It shows you how to get your life back on track and move forward with confidence and intentionality.
We’re rolling out this series as part of the launch for our new book, Living Forward, but there’s no cost to watch the series.
In Blueprint Your Life you’ll discover:
- A simple tool that gives you clarity about where you are now—and a path to get where you want to go.
- How to filter decisions so your yeses add up to success and your noes don’t lead to regrets.
- A glaring oversight most people make when it comes to achieving the life they want.
- 5 consequences that come from drifting through life instead of designing a future that inspires you.
- How to stop reacting to what life throws at you and start proactively moving toward your desired destination.
- 6 benefits of creating a Life Plan—including a way to prioritize all the spinning plates in life without letting any drop.
- 1 trap to avoid if you want to accomplish anything significant in your life.
The Destination You Desire
We all get off track. What separates the lost from the found is a map to get back on the road to your desired destination.
A Life Plan is a simple but powerful GPS navigation tool for your whole life: job, home, health, finances, relationships, and more. Find out more by watching Blueprint Your Life.
Question: Look at all the different areas in your life: are you off track in any? You can leave a comment by clicking here.