As a leader, you are your company’s single greatest asset. While you’re guarding your health against the coronavirus, you must also deal with the stress and responsibility of running a business. It’s tough! This crisis threatens the mental and emotional resiliency of you and your team.
Given the stress we’re under, is it even possible to keep your emotional balance?
It is, and we’ve got expert advice to help you do just that. In this episode, we’re joined by Amy Alexander, LMFT, executive director of The Refuge Center for Counseling. She shares five self-care tips to help you and your team cope with the stress and emotion of this crisis.
In this episode, you’ll discover—
- The variables that can affect how you respond to the current crisis—and what to do about it.
- What happens when you slip outside of your “window of tolerance.”
- Practical tips for calming anxiety and recalibrating.
- One of the worst things you can be doing as a leader in troubled times.
- Strategies for how we can care for ourselves throughout the ups and downs.
- Recommendations for guarding your inputs and identifying which are fountains vs. drains.
- How you can restore a sense of agency and overcome feelings of helplessness.
- The importance of ordering our interior lives when exterior structure disappears.
- Ideas for both introverts and extroverts on updating your routines.