As a business leader, you want to create a strong team that is highly engaged and functions well. Yet in our increasingly diverse society, that’s not always easy to do. Recent events have revealed once again the difference of opportunity and tensions that exist between races. And those problems exist in the workplace too. Many of us are realizing just how much we don’t know about creating a just and equitable workplace for our employees.
In this episode, we continue our conversation with Anthony Hendricks, an educator, nonprofit leader, and proponent of unity in antiracist action, and Danielle Rogers, director of human resources at Michael Hyatt & Company. Today we move to practical solutions you can apply in your business right now to begin creating a more just and equitable workplace.
In this episode, you’ll discover:
- Strategies for expanding your relationships beyond racial lines.
- How to integrate anti-racist practices in your hiring process.
- One must-have ingredient to help move your organization toward greater diversity.
- The importance of learning the felt needs of your employees—and what to do with that information.
- Tips for having healthy conversations about race in the workplace.