In this episode, we discuss something that’s very important for leadership—public speaking. Many leaders—probably most—are terrified of doing it. Unfortunately, as a leader, you really can’t avoid it.
You are expected to speak at team meetings, presentations, even outside events, but most people feel really inadequate and underprepared. We’re going to solve that for you with three actions you can take to finally conquer your fear of public speaking. In fact, this may grow to become something you actually enjoy.
In this episode, you’ll discover—
- The one shift that radically changed Michael’s approach to public speaking.
- How Megan overcame crippling fear and began speaking regularly.
- Practical steps for rewriting your mental scripts.
- How to use music as a psychological trigger to prepare yourself for speaking.
- Suggestions for finding the support you need to succeed in this area.
- The role anxiety plays in our performance, and how to manage it.