The horror stories of succession are many. Micro-management. Complete abandonment. Disorganized handoffs. Undermined authority. Even downright sabotage. It’s the stuff of nightmares—enough to fill anyone with dread.
But it doesn’t have to be that way. The transition of leadership at Michael Hyatt and Company from Michael to Megan has been rich with lessons about successful succession. In this episode, Megan and Michael share their journey and unpack four non-negotiables for anyone looking to transition in a way that sets all parties up to thrive.
In this episode, you’ll discover—
- The one area clarity is most important
- What makes check-in rhythms so important
- One way succession is a lot like parenting
- How to steer between abdication and micromanagement
- The question every successor is asking themselves