It’s easy to assume that the benefits of gratitude are primarily external. But the latest research reveals that thankfulness offers major payoffs on our side of the equation, too. Discover the advantages of gratitude—and specific practices to harness them—in this week’s episode.
In this episode, you’ll discover:
- The science-backed connection between gratitude and happiness.
- Discover 4 key benefits of practicing gratitude.
- Learn the “George Bailey” technique for snapping yourself out of a funk.
- Identify simple practices that will keep you (and your kids) in a posture of thankfulness.
You can read the full transcript here.
- Designing Positive Psychology, Sheldon, Kashdan, Steger
- “Recipe for a Happy Life: Less Materialism, More Gratitude,” Tom Jacobs
- “Showing Appreciation at the Office? No, Thanks,” Sue Shellenbarger
- “Five Ways to Cultivate Gratitude at Work,” Jeremy Adam Smith
- “A Tool for Reducing Economic Impatience,” DeSteno, Li, Dickens, Lerner
- “Your Desire to Get Things Done Can Undermine Your Effectiveness,” Gino, Staats
- Jon Gordon
- John Maxwell
- Mary Miller