It’s easy to assume that the benefits of gratitude are primarily external. But the latest research reveals that thankfulness offers major payoffs on our side of the equation, too. Discover the advantages of gratitude—and specific practices to harness them—in this week’s episode.
In this episode, you’ll discover:
- How science is finally catching up with personal experience on the connection between gratitude and happiness
- 4 gains you can expect to experience when you practice gratitude
- How to use the George Bailey Technique to snap yourself out of a funk
- Some key practices to implement so you (and your kids) remain in a posture of gratitude
You can read the full transcript here.
- Designing Positive Psychology, Sheldon, Kashdan, Steger
- “Recipe for a Happy Life: Less Materialism, More Gratitude,” Tom Jacobs
- “Showing Appreciation at the Office? No, Thanks,” Sue Shellenbarger
- “Five Ways to Cultivate Gratitude at Work,” Jeremy Adam Smith
- “A Tool for Reducing Economic Impatience,” DeSteno, Li, Dickens, Lerner
- “Your Desire to Get Things Done Can Undermine Your Effectiveness,” Gino, Staats
- Jon Gordon
- John Maxwell
- Mary Miller