Many leaders compensate for feeling overwhelmed and over-busy by working even more hours. But neglecting self-care puts us on a downward spiral that leads to lower productivity and, ultimately, burnout. In this episode, Michael and Megan share the secret weapon for boosting productivity—a hobby!
In this episode, you will:
- Discover the link between creative pursuits and productivity.
- Understand the brain science behind stress relief.
- Learn the four essential qualities that make a hobby rejuvenating.
- Be convinced of your need to be immersed in a creative pursuit at least once a week.
- Choose the kind of hobby that will best rejuvenate your mind and refresh your energy.
- How to Subscribe to the Podcast
- Rate & Review the Podcast
- The Scarcity Trap: Why We Keep Digging When We're Stuck In A Hole, Hidden Brain
- The Science Behind Creativity–What Happens in the Brain and Why, Jena Field
- Play: How It Shapes the Brain, Opens the Imagination, and Invigorates the Soul, Stuart Brown
- Self-Care As a Leadership Discipline, Lead to Win Podcast