To grow as a leader, you need to be mentored, either formally or informally. One of the best ways to take advantage of the opportunities you get to meet with other leaders is to come prepared with a set of questions.
Listen to the AudioHere are a few of the questions I keep ready for my own use. In this episode, Michele asks me seven.
- Can you name a person who has had a tremendous impact on you as a leader? Maybe some one who has been a mentor to you? Why and how did this person impact your life?
- Where do the great ideas come from in your organization?
- As an organization gets larger there can be a tendency for the “institution” to dampen the “inspiration.” How do you keep this from happening?
- Do you set aside specific times to cast vision to your employees and other leaders?
- When faced with two equally-qualified candidates, how do you determine whom to hire?
- What is one characteristic that you believe every leader should possess?
- What is the one behavior or trait that you have seen derail more leaders’ careers?
You can get the full list of twenty below.
Read the Transcript
Join the Conversation
My favorite part of doing these podcasts is participating in the conversation they provoke. Each week, I ask one question. This week, it is this:
Question: What is the question you find most intriguing and can’t wait to ask? You can leave a comment by clicking here.
Binge on All 13 Episodes!
If you want to listen to more episodes, you will find all thirteen audio episodes of Season 1 here. I release the video episodes weekly, as they are not yet available for batch listening. If you are looking for previous episodes, you can find Season 0 here
Explore Additional Resources
In this episode we mentioned one resource:
Ask Me a Question
If you have a question, comment, thought or concern, you can do so by clicking here. We’d love to hear from you.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
Share the Love
If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show.