Welcome to Season 5, Episode 2 of the This Is Your Life podcast. Stu McLaren is filling in for my regular cohost Michele Cushatt. In this episode, we discuss the benefits of experiencing the great outdoors.
I’ve never been outside more than I have this year. What I’ve noticed is that time in nature helps me physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. In fact, researchers have found all sort of ways going outdoors helps us function better when we’re indoors. Here are three life-changing benefits from spending time outside.
Listen to the Audio
Watch the Video
In this episode, you’ll discover:
- The solution for more creativity, less stress, and improved mood.
- Why going for a short walk in nature can actually help you solve problems in your business.
- One simple way to reduce your anxiety, muscle tension, blood pressure, heart rate, and cholesterol—all while boosting your immune system.
- How pausing in nature can give us perspective on the rest of our lives.
- Why nature is so significant for our spiritual lives.
- 4 straightforward ways to prioritize the outdoors no matter how busy you are.
Read the Transcript
Join the Live Discussion
I will be discussing this post LIVE today on Periscope at 12:30 p.m. CDT. Bring your comments and questions. Follow me on Twitter by clicking on the button below, and I will send you a reminder.
If you don’t have the Periscope app, you can download it here for free (there are versions for both iPhone and Android).Follow @MichaelHyatt
Join the Conversation
My favorite part of doing these podcasts is participating in the conversation they provoke. Each week, I ask one question. This week, it is this:
Question: How often do you get outside these days? Is it enough? You can leave a comment by clicking here.
Explore Additional Resources
In this episode we mentioned the following resources:
- Blog post: “Why Going Outdoors Makes You Smarter, Stronger, and More Spiritual”
- Blog post: “9 Reasons You Need More Fishing in Your Life”
- Blog post: “How to Reboot Your Spirit”
Binge on All 13 Episodes!
If you want to listen to more episodes, you will find all thirteen audio episodes of Season 4 here. I release the video episodes weekly, as they are not yet available for batch listening. If you are looking for previous episodes, you can find Season 0 here, Season 1 here, Season 2 here, Season 3 here, Season 4 here, and Season 5 here.
Ask Me a Question
If you have a question, comment, thought or concern, you can do so by clicking here. We’d love to hear from you.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
Share the Love
If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show.