The truth is that when it comes to how you spend your time, you have a choice. You can either live in proactive mode, according to a plan you’ve developed or you can live in reactive mode, according to the demands of others.
Listen to the Audio
Watch the Video
In this episode, you’ll discover:
- How time is similar to money: if you want to control it, you have to spend it on paper before you spend it in reality.
- Why margin is critically important and how you can build it into your schedule—even if you now feel overwhelmed.
- How a simple Excel spreadsheet can help you plan your “Ideal Week” and make sure you schedule your most important commitments first.
- How you can organize your week around daily themes and focus areas so you are more productive and efficient.
- How you can solicit the help of your colleagues and support staff, so they are helping you stay focused and on-task.
You can get better at controlling your time. All you need is the intention, the right tool, a little planning, and the support of the people closest to you.
Read the Transcript
Join the Conversation
My favorite part of doing these podcasts is participating in the conversation they provoke. Each week, I ask one question. This week, it is this:
Question: What would mapping out an ideal week make possible for you?
Binge on All 13 Episodes!
If you want to listen to more episodes, you will find all thirteen audio episodes of Season 3 here. I release the video episodes weekly, as they are not yet available for batch listening. If you are looking for previous episodes, you can find Season 0 here, Season 1 here, and Season 2 here.
Explore Additional Resources
In this episode we mentioned the following resources:
- eBook: Inside My ToolBox
- Software: RescueTime
- Video: Put the Big Rocks in First, inspired by Stephen Covey (Sadly, Dr. Covey’s version of this is no longer available on YouTube.)
Ask Me a Question
If you have a question, comment, thought or concern, you can do so by clicking here. We’d love to hear from you.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
Share the Love
If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show.