Letting someone go from your organization is hard. In fact, it should be. But sometimes it’s necessary, and it’s there a simple, six-step process for creating the best possible outcome.
Listen to the Audio
Watch the Video
In this episode you’ll discover:
- How to engineer a dismissal or layoff with the best possible outcome in mind.
- The three things you must have clarity about before letting someone go.
- How to let people go in a way that honors them and stays true to your organization.
- A simple and effective format for structuring the difficult conversation.
- Why it’s essential to get the opinion of counsel before acting.
- How to minimize the likelihood of getting sued.
- How you can let the clock work for you in the process.
Read the Transcript
Join the Conversation
My favorite part of doing these podcasts is participating in the conversation they provoke. Each week, I ask one question. This week, it is this:
Question: What keeps you from firing the one bad fit on your team?
Binge on All 13 Episodes!
If you want to listen to more episodes, you will find all thirteen audio episodes of Season 3 here. I release the video episodes weekly, as they are not yet available for batch listening. If you are looking for previous episodes, you can find Season 0 here, Season 1 here, and Season 3 here.
Explore Additional Resources
Last week’s episode goes hand-in-glove with this one: “The Right Way to Hire the Right People.”
Ask Me a Question
If you have a question, comment, thought or concern, you can do so by clicking here. We’d love to hear from you.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
Share the Love
If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show.