A new model of leadership has emerged over the last several years that is more about dialogue than the traditional model. But it’s not always intuitive and it takes some practice. Here are ten practical strategies you can use to gain greater influence.
Listen to the Audio
Watch the Video
In this episode, you’ll discover:
- How you can use conversations to not only generate the best creative thinking, but also produce buy-in from you team.
- The importance of defining the desired outcome at the outset of the conversation.
- The power of establishing the right questions in advance for reaching your desired outcome.
- Why it’s essential to leave room for disagreement—and even affirm it.
- How to listen effectively and keep the conversation moving.
- The importance of followup questions and positive feedback to increase engagement.
- That these ten strategies work for almost any relationship, including among family and friends.
Read the Transcript
Join the Conversation
My favorite part of doing these podcasts is participating in the conversation they provoke. Each week, I ask one question. This week, it is this:
Question: How do you feel when you’ve participated in a transformational conversation?
Binge on All 13 Episodes!
If you want to listen to more episodes, you will find all thirteen audio episodes of Season 3 here. I release the video episodes weekly, as they are not yet available for batch listening. If you are looking for previous episodes, you can find Season 0 here, Season 1 here, and Season 3 here.
Explore Additional Resources
In this episode we mentioned the following resources:
- Blog post: 5 Strategies for Becoming a Better Conversationalist
- Blog post: Leading Powerful Conversations
- Blog post: How to Have Better Dinner Conversations
Ask Me a Question
If you have a question, comment, thought or concern, you can do so by clicking here. We’d love to hear from you.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
Share the Love
If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show.