Welcome to Season 3, Episode 13 of the This Is Your Life podcast. In this final episode of the season, Michele Cushatt and I discuss why retirement is a terrible idea and answer eight questions from you, the listener.
One of my favorite shows is our Q&A show. It’s a fun, off-the-cuff way to interact with the needs of my audience and share what insights I have. In this episode we talk about why I don’t believe in retirement, post-vacation email overload, the value of empathy, and more.
Listen to the Audio
Watch the Video
In this episode you’ll discover:
- Why leadership principles can not only help you in your business, but also in your family—but only if you know when to apply them.
- Why empathy and being willing to listen without forcing conclusions is essential to effective, healing leadership.
- How to manage your inbox while you’re traveling so you don’t come home to a nightmare.
- The benefits of doing a focus group instead of a reader survey when you’re just starting your blog.
- How to decide whether your brand needs a static sales page or a live blog for first-time visitors.
- Why living the life you want is more about priorities than time.
Read the Transcript
Join the Conversation
My favorite part of doing these podcasts is participating in the conversation they provoke. Each week, I ask one question. This week, it is this:
Question: What kind of topics would you like to hear more about next season?
Binge on All 13 Episodes!
If you want to listen to more episodes, you will find all thirteen audio episodes of Season 3 here. I release the video episodes weekly, as they are not yet available for batch listening. If you are looking for previous episodes, you can find Season 0 here, Season 1 here, and Season 3 here.
Explore Additional Resources
In this episode we mentioned the following resources:
- Podcast: “How to Lead from the Heart”
- Blog post: “How to Unplug When You’re on Vacation”
- Audio Series: The Power of Vulnerability by Brene Brown
- Book: Daring Greatly by Brene Brown
- Book: The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown
- Book: How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
Ask Me a Question
If you have a question, comment, thought or concern, you can do so by clicking here. We’d love to hear from you.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
Share the Love
If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show.