We’re back! Welcome to Season 4, Episode 1 of the This Is Your Life podcast. In this first episode of our brand new season, Stu McLaren (who’s filling in for my regular cohost Michele Cushatt) and I discuss the one way to guarantee you won’t succeed.
Persistence is critical to success. But sometimes when things get tough we really want to bail, don’t we? The good news is that we can get through those moments and stay on course. I’ve got six tricks for training yourself to persist when you want to quit.
Listen to the Audio
Watch the Video
In this episode, you’ll discover:
- The four big temptations to quit and how you can beat them.
- What eating an elephant can teach you about persisting through difficult circumstances.
- The power of staying connected to your why.
- How envisioning the future you want can get you through the present you don’t.
- Why it’s crucial to rest and recharge if you want to keep going for the long haul.
- How to use your yes and no to stay focused.
- The role our self-image plays in our stick-to-itiveness.
Read the Transcript
Join the Conversation
My favorite part of doing these podcasts is participating in the conversation they provoke. Each week, I ask one question. This week, it is this:
Question: Have you ever stuck something out when you really felt like quitting? What happened and how did it make you feel? You can leave a comment by clicking here.
Explore Additional Resources
In this episode we mentioned the following resources:
- Free Ebook: Shave 10 Hours Off Your Workweek
- Website: Jeff Galloway (run and walk)
- Book: A Million Miles in a Thousand Years
- Book: Platform: Get Noticed in a Noisy World
Binge on All 13 Episodes!
If you want to listen to more episodes, you will find all thirteen audio episodes of Season 4 here. I release the video episodes weekly, as they are not yet available for batch listening. If you are looking for previous episodes, you can find Season 0 here, Season 1 here, Season 2 here, Season 3 here, and Season 4 here.
Ask Me a Question
If you have a question, comment, thought or concern, you can do so by clicking here. We’d love to hear from you.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
Share the Love
If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show.