When I was CEO of Thomas Nelson, a consultant called me out for how little I smiled. I didn’t know I was scowling, but I was setting the wrong mood for my team. After that I not only learned to smile, I learned five reasons it matters—for you and others.
Listen to the Audio
Watch the Video
In this episode, you’ll discover:
- How your smile as a leader can change what your team tells you and how.
- Why smiling creates an environment for trust and connection.
- How smiling can affect your organizational culture and what that means for your results.
- A fool-proof way to lift your own mood.
- Three ways smiling can become easy for you, even if it doesn’t come naturally right now.
Read the Transcript
Join the Conversation
My favorite part of doing these podcasts is participating in the conversation they provoke. Each week, I ask one question. This week, it is this:
Question: What do you think when you see a leader or colleague smiling? You can leave a comment by clicking here.
Binge on All 13 Episodes!
If you want to listen to more episodes, you will find all thirteen audio episodes of Season 4 here. I release the video episodes weekly, as they are not yet available for batch listening. If you are looking for previous episodes, you can find Season 0 here, Season 1 here, Season 2 here, Season 3 here, and Season 4 here.
Ask Me a Question
If you have a question, comment, thought or concern, you can do so by clicking here. We’d love to hear from you.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
Share the Love
If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show.