What if it turned out most of our burdens were really benefits we missed because of the words we used to describe them? Our vocabulary possesses a lot of power over our life and experience. If we want to improve our attitude and our results, it’s time to start listening to the words we use.
Listen to the Audio
Watch the Video
In this episode, you’ll discover:
- How we sometimes miss life’s greatest gifts by speaking of things as obligations instead of privileges.
- The way our words can affect everything from our mood to the results we experience in business, relationships, and more.
- How reframing irritations and inconveniences allows us to keep perspective in difficult times.
- Three practical steps you can use to speak positively about life’s big priorities.
- The power of deciding in what we’ll notice and how we’ll verbalize it.
Read the Transcript
Join the Conversation
My favorite part of doing these podcasts is participating in the conversation they provoke. Each week, I ask one question. This week, it is this:
Question: How does your choice of words affect your experiences? Can you think of any examples where changing a word changed your perspective? You can leave a comment by clicking here.
Binge on All 13 Episodes!
If you want to listen to more episodes, you will find all thirteen audio episodes of Season 4 here. I release the video episodes weekly, as they are not yet available for batch listening. If you are looking for previous episodes, you can find Season 0 here, Season 1 here, Season 2 here, Season 3 here, and Season 4 here.
Ask Me a Question
If you have a question, comment, thought or concern, you can do so by clicking here. We’d love to hear from you.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
Share the Love
If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show.