Modern Americans are the most sedentary people in the world—ever. Between our beds and our seats, we’re on our feet only a few hours each day. The bad news is that it’s killing us. Here are four stats that will motivate you to spend more time standing—starting today.
Listen to the Audio
Watch the Video
In this episode, you’ll discover:
- Why our work environments are hazardous to our health.
- That most of us sit more hours each day than we sleep—and what that’s doing to our waistlines.
- How standing can reduce your chance of heart disease, boost your metabolism, and improve your cholesterol.
- The easiest way to make sure we stand more during our workday.
- Seven practical actions we can take to spend more time moving and less time sitting.
- How you can participate in a thirty day challenge that could change your life.
Read the Transcript
Join the Conversation
My favorite part of doing these podcasts is participating in the conversation they provoke. Each week, I ask one question. This week, it is this:
Question: How many hours do you spend each day on your feet?
Explore Additional Resources
In this episode we mentioned the following resources:
- Infographic: “Why Sitting is Killing You.” Here’s the infographic Stu and I discussed in the podcast.
- Blog post: “4 Reasons You Should Buy a Standup Desk—Right Now.” This post not only goes into detail on the health benefits of a standup desk, it details four simple solutions, one so cost-effective you won’t believe it.
- Book: Take the Stairs by Rory Vaden
Binge on All 13 Episodes!
If you want to listen to more episodes, you will find all thirteen audio episodes of Season 4 here. I release the video episodes weekly, as they are not yet available for batch listening. If you are looking for previous episodes, you can find Season 0 here, Season 1 here, Season 2 here, Season 3 here, and Season 4 here.
Ask Me a Question
If you have a question, comment, thought or concern, you can do so by clicking here. We’d love to hear from you.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
Share the Love
If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show.