Welcome to Season 4, Episode 11 of the This Is Your Life podcast. Stu McLaren is filling in for my regular cohost Michele Cushatt. In this episode, we discuss how to escape perfectionism once and for all.
Perfectionism is the enemy of productivity and success. It costs us opportunities, even freedom. But anyone can beat perfectionism and finally launch with the three simple steps we lay out in today’s podcast.
Listen to the Audio
Watch the Video
In this episode, you’ll discover:
- The vital importance of distinguishing between perfection and excellence.
- What we can learn from the software industry about beating perfectionism.
- The time that circumstances forced me to push past my perfectionism—and I made hundreds of thousands of dollars as a result.
- Why the pressure of failure can actually spur your best work.
- How doubts can slow you down an rob you of your chance to win—and the simple way to keep making progress instead.
- Two questions you can ask yourself that will give you freedom to ship it now and refine it later.
Read the Transcript
Join the Conversation
My favorite part of doing these podcasts is participating in the conversation they provoke. Each week, I ask one question. This week, it is this:
Question: Have you ever missed an opportunity because of perfectionism? Have you ever succeeded because you pushed past your perfectionism?
Binge on All 13 Episodes!
If you want to listen to more episodes, you will find all thirteen audio episodes of Season 4 here. I release the video episodes weekly, as they are not yet available for batch listening. If you are looking for previous episodes, you can find Season 0 here, Season 1 here, Season 2 here, Season 3 here, and Season 4 here.
Ask Me a Question
If you have a question, comment, thought or concern, you can do so by clicking here. We’d love to hear from you.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
Share the Love
If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show.