Welcome to Season 5, Episode 4 of the This Is Your Life podcast. Stu McLaren is filling in for my regular cohost Michele Cushatt. In this episode, we discuss five reasons reading will make you an awesome leader.
I’m convinced that the reason I ascended the corporate ranks, became a CEO, and ended up writing about leadership is because I’m a reader. Here’s why it made the difference for me and how it can make the difference for you.
Listen to the Audio
Watch the Video
In this episode, you’ll discover:
- Why a forgotten art will help you stand out in business.
- The main difference between TV and books for building your critical thinking skills.
- How novels, memoirs, and autobiography can improve your ability to understand and connect with people.
- How reading gives us a competitive edge as we get older.
- One easy method for leading a book discussion group.
- Plus four tips for maximizing your reading time.
Read the Transcript
Join the Conversation
My favorite part of doing these podcasts is participating in the conversation they provoke. Each week, I ask one question. This week, it is this:
Question: What’s the best book you’ve ever read? Why? You can leave a comment by clicking here.
Explore Additional Resources
In this episode we mentioned the following resources:
- Blog post: “5 Ways Reading Makes You a Better Leader”
- Blog post: “How to Read a Nonfiction Book”
- Blog post: “How to Retain More of What You Read”
- Blog post: “5 Ways to Make More Time to Read”
Binge on All 13 Episodes!
If you want to listen to more episodes, you will find all thirteen audio episodes of Season 5 here. I release the video episodes weekly, as they are not yet available for batch listening. If you are looking for previous episodes, you can find Season 0 here, Season 1 here, Season 2 here, Season 3 here, Season 4 here, and Season 5 here.
Ask Me a Question
If you have a question, comment, thought or concern, you can do so by clicking here. We’d love to hear from you.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
Share the Love
If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show.